FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 01, 2024, 01:00:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Blue 202 3.3L Modification Help?????  (Read 11715 times)
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2006, 10:35:05 PM »

Haha,
I would flog you fellas in the Splitty. You know how much air those suckers push?? It is like tyrying to pass a Road-Train.
Also, I have you guys on the corners as well. Both the busses have so much body roll, that there is no room left for anyone to pass.
Eat my dust, fellas!!

Only hitch I can see though, is beating you guys off the line :-/
I got 25.5sec over the 1/4 mile the other day Shocked Shocked Granted there was a strong wind from the rear & it was downhill. Impressive though, Huh?

Fast Eddie even backed out of a challenge with my 62 & his "Enterprise". Smart man, he knows when he's beat.

I do miss those old days, Craig. I am just sorry I scared Sarge so much, he has gone into hiding Grin But I am terrifying to behold in my "Pinny".

Rob J

p.s. Stinky, what is the chance of a copy of the deleted post? I want to draft up a witty, yet acid response, just to keep my form. I don't want to lose my edge. Wink Grin

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
TorqueFC
Guru

Modified?

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2006, 10:03:45 PM »

carby/exhaust and a tune will get it up and running well.

if youve got the $$$ look into things like

mild stall (if its an auto)
shift kit (if an auto)
bigger cam (power range that begins when stall locks)
diff gears (3:5:5)

your head choice seems to be ok....with the above things id say it will be a pretty quik 6.... u will be catching the vl's with ease  Grin

tests have proven that the final words before a fatal urban car crash are "OH ****"

in a rural car crash they are " Hold my stubby and watch this for skill!"
marwood

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2006, 02:57:23 AM »

Hey again Grin
Thanks for the suggestion looking into it?
Can you recommened any site to look up the shift kit ect for my VH would be good! Cool
Thanks again Smiley
craiga
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2006, 03:42:02 AM »

Marwood,

You could try here http://www.automatictransmission.com.au/askorto.asp

Or go to your local auto transmission place, they'll have done this plenty of times before as the Holden traumatic in standard form is very loose in its shift action.

Cheers,

Craig.
TorqueFC
Guru

Modified?

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2006, 09:36:09 AM »

make sure that your auto is in good condition prior to fitting a shift kit....if your auto is in poor condition it will shorten the life of it....if its in good ocndition it will extend the life...makes sense right???  Roll Eyes

your local transmission place can fit a shift kit, either that or there are other ones that you can fit yourself, just simply remove oil pan and bolt up.

tests have proven that the final words before a fatal urban car crash are "OH ****"

marwood

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2006, 08:57:53 PM »

The Auto should be in fine condition it was re coed about 12mths ago!
When you say mild stall Huh is that the torque converter Huh It has a v8 one i think so not sure what it is though Huh
When you say diff ratio are they easy 2 change? it a standard diff so can you change the ratio 2 3:5:5?
Not sure what it is i think standard there 3:0:8?
Cheers Grin Grin Grin
TorqueFC
Guru

Modified?

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2006, 11:15:19 PM »

yes i mean a torque convertor. if you go for a 3000rpm stall convertor, this will work well with the rest of your setup.

As for the diff, stock they are 3.08, youd be best off putting a vl diff in it, they are 3:4:5 standard, and you can buy em for around $100- from the wreckers, then if desired, fit a mini spool. the only modification you will need to do to fit a vl diff is fit the vh yoke onto the front of the diff. you wont blow a vl diff with a spool in it.... Shocked Grin

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: