FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 03:17:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC rebuild no. 3-- Photos at last!  (Read 7277 times)
bent8-58

The older it gets-the slower it was!

View Profile
« on: July 07, 2006, 08:20:14 AM »

Gaday,
Yes,believe it or not l finally have some photos for you (as long as it works!) for those of you that dont know - it was all passed & engineered at the end of April,2 days before the Bris. hot rod show. My whole aim was to DRIVE it into the Hot rod show & DRIVE it home when it was all finished,which it did without any dramas. We've done a few shows & runs since & havent had too many bugs(yet) still cant believe its on the road after nearly 6 years.Hope you enjoy the long-awaited pictures,hope they work,if they dont theres no point telling me!  l know absolutely nothing about this crap!
Daz.
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g69/bent8-58/imga339.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g69/bent8-58/imga324.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g69/bent8-58/imga320.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g69/bent8-58/imga340.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g69/bent8-58/100_0550.jpg
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 08:38:33 AM by bent8-58 » Logged

I LOVE CATS.....BUT I CANT EAT A WHOLE ONE BY MYSELF.
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 09:37:19 AM »

So close! Give RET or CustonFC a holler, they are the mods for this section and will be able to fix the links. Wicked looking ride you have there BTW.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 09:38:04 AM by stinky » Logged

JB
Guru

Model: FE

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 09:49:39 AM »

Here you go.  Grin Grin

Phone +64 223509263
slim
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Ring 0420768346 for genuine FE/FC parts.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 10:21:09 AM »

Man , Thats one Bloody Nice FC you got there... Im drooling/. Almost inspires me to do another big custom job. A real credit to you and your helpers ...Enjoy it , CHEERS SLIM

Im located at Liverpool, NSW
Sheriff
qld-club

FEs rule!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2006, 10:27:08 AM »

Daz, what a great car!  a great job you have done.  Saw your car at Wintersun and was impressed by the work that has gone into it.  Must give you a great deal of satisfaction to have finished  your pride and joy after so long.  Well done!  Cheers, Mike.
Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2006, 04:47:11 AM »

...drooool

Shocked

nice one Daz.. so smooooooth.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
TorqueFC
Guru

Modified?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2006, 05:33:09 AM »

...drooool

pretty much sums up my thoughts  Grin bloody nice car mate...nice pipes too!!!!! Cool love the stance on it...cheers

tests have proven that the final words before a fatal urban car crash are "OH ****"

in a rural car crash they are " Hold my stubby and watch this for skill!"
minifcvan
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2006, 07:12:11 AM »

ONE FU#KING COOL LOOKING CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WELL DONE
jimmys57

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2006, 08:02:32 AM »

Mate,that is one beeyootiful car,you can be proud of the effort and obviously high quality of the whole project.Im dead set jealous.............cheers jimmys57
old59

nos is great

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2006, 08:48:09 AM »

hi mate nice car like the way u done the exhaust without cutting the guards any tips on how u done it and could u show a picture of that section of engine bay u can send to my email if u like its borra59@yahoo.com.au  love to cruise with ya one day to.
bent8-58

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2006, 09:11:21 PM »

Hey,thanks guys for your comments,& thanks for helping out with the photos,it was along day at work,& i was tired & cranky & had my grumpy-undies on! l gave it a couple of goes & thought STUFF IT! l'll fix it later. l got the good oil from a mate at the cruise last night & got on to fix it & it was done!thanks for that.  Yes its great to finally get it on the road,my wife reckons its great to have a husband again too!    Daz. Wink

bent8-58

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2006, 07:32:18 PM »

Thanks OLD59!
 l'm pretty pleased with the pipes too, without them l wouldnt have done the transplant.lt took about 6 years of chasing to get them off a old mate of mine.They're 1-3/4" tuned length items with the first & last pipe being a slip joint for access to spark plugs.l also used his old HR crossmember but l moved the motor back another 1" than his was for better handling & believe it or not the further back l went - the better the pipes fitted around everything.
 They were pretty sad when l eventually got them-very rusty, the HPC is on there to try & preserve them,as l'm thinking about trying to copy them & make a few sets.
l'm a welder by trade so thats not a drama,but pulling apart a car thats just got on the road after 6 years IS!
l'm just throwing the idea around at the moment,it would be very time consuming(expensive) & considering my lovely wife is 8 1/2 months pregnant, things will be a bit full on around here for a while!
l can try to get a few shots if you like but l tried once before & its hard to get  all the detail when theyre on the car.                    Daz.

old59

nos is great

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2006, 07:05:16 AM »

thats cool mate any pics of that side would be much appreciated cant wait to see them
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: