FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:58:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Photoshop chop  (Read 15745 times)
HARKO
« on: July 07, 2002, 11:30:22 PM »

I read someone's comment that we should start up an area on the board for expression session's
I mean a lot of magazine's carry this section in them but I think a better name can be adopted, any idea's and RET can this be done ?
A few idea's I have for a name are
Custom cool
Virtual axe men
Photoshop shop {not sure if this name can be used legally}.
Car art
"J"Pegged.

Anyone who'd also enjoy this section please show your interest.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2002, 11:32:34 PM by HARKO » Logged
customFC
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2002, 11:37:28 AM »

Sounds interesting to me. How about we make it an art expression section. It could include Photochopped work, drawings, paintings, sculpture etc. Whilst we're at it, how about a FE FC model car section, stock pics or customs.
Regards
Alex

Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2002, 05:23:35 AM »

Ask and ye shall receive.  Check out the new "Galleries" category, which has a new board where you pixel-beaters can go berserk.

cheers
HARKO
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2002, 05:49:40 AM »

Richard {RET} you seem to answer all of my question's so this one could be for you !
I'd like to know how to convert a photo into a drawing ,I'm using Arcsoft photostudio 2000 ,,Any idea's
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2002, 06:34:51 AM »

Harko,

I've never heard of PhotoStudio, so I can't help you with that.  Sorry.  There is a process I have tried with reasonable success to convert a photo into a charcoal-style drawing, which might be some help.  It might be possible to do it with your software, but the instructions I had are for PhotoShop.

See here: http://www.dsigning.com/photoshop/tutorials/pencilsketch/ for one way of doing it in PhotoShop.  You might be able to bend this to suit your software.

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
HARKO
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2002, 12:56:30 PM »

It's been a long time coming because I'm working on the real thing's but here's just a few that I have got spread across the site..

FC Van lowered,Chopped,Sky colour dramatised and check out the channeled HJ {double bonus}

Gree's Beast lengthened rear & front guards,Leaned forward tailfin and headlight{front panel}Hot chick in hot seat,Changed wheel centre's "Very rushed project"

This is a picture of my Ute in original trim on the Nerrigah Rd with the same Ute after a hell of a lot of work following ,Superimposed the people in both cars,
Emphasised the colours of the surrounding's and widened the flamed ute to emphasize the stance.

This is an old Magazine shot  and all Ive done is cut the picture and drop it {Raw form }

This is also from an old Mag ,
Brown FE already had a 2 inch roof chop I have only lowered it

« Last Edit: September 07, 2002, 12:03:56 PM by HARKO » Logged
HARKO
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2002, 11:57:09 AM »

I am getting a bit of practice in for the Customising comp and worked out the paint scheme I plan to use  for my own wag ,The photo I have used is from Customfc's AHD pics bottom row
I've changed the colour , External mirror position ,Wheel's ,Lowered and steering wheel and also the front bumper
I only wish it was this easy in the shed !
And of course I hope the proud owner or new owner (For Sale) doesnt mind the use of this photo

And heres the original but loweered
Change of wheel's

« Last Edit: September 12, 2002, 08:04:04 AM by HARKO » Logged
HARKO
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2002, 12:11:39 PM »

This one 's not mine but some of you will remember Colin's car from the late 80s .The car that inspired me to build mine years later
His wheels were pink with moon caps wheels were pink

« Last Edit: September 27, 2002, 11:42:57 PM by HARKO » Logged
fc_ute

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2002, 11:44:57 AM »

hey harko, that picture of the white van looks like one i took at big als poker run here in WA a few years ago. where is the pic from?
craig
HARKO
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2002, 03:28:59 AM »

I modified the picture from a qld member ,Have a look in "My Van" Real cars
Digger

Classic not Plastic

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2002, 06:34:31 AM »

Hey Harko,

You bruoght back a few memories, the picture of the red and white FC was one that I rebuilt and fitted the motor in and mate repaired and sprayed it, that was back in the early 80's Alan Carrol was the owner at the time.
Also the FC van looks like one that was at the last all Holden day in Flemington Vic.

http://photo.starblvd.net/~digger/1-2-3.jpg?i=1032277264

Dont think the pic's worked properly,I had to scan some old pic's I will have to get some advice on how to do it from you.
Keep up the good work,impressed at what you can do!

Steve
« Last Edit: September 18, 2002, 06:38:54 AM by digger » Logged
customFC
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2002, 10:21:34 AM »

Hey Steve.
You build one hell of a nice car. I remember seeing it at the Summernats back in the 80's. I drooled for a week after.
Here is your pic.

To post your pic, just put [img.] in front, and [/img.] behind the URL, only don't put the dot in the bracket, leave it off completely. I needed to put it in there to be able to show you.
Regards
Alex

Digger

Classic not Plastic

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2002, 11:15:50 AM »

Thanx Alex,

Yes it was a head turner in its day!

Cant take all the fame tho, the previous owner had done most of the conversion setting up for V8 and when Alan bought the car we striped down and rebuilt it with extra modifications, paint job, pumped out the guards, rebuilt the motor, set up blower,hid all the wiering and then a lot of polishing and cleaning put it on the trailer as pictured went of to the Melb hot rod show and came second in our class to a good looking two tone grey and silver FC that was well known in it’s day, but I can not remember the fellas name.
It was about 20 years ago   Shocked

Thanx for the info on posting a pic, I did it once and it worked but could not remeber what I did.

Steve.
HARKO
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2002, 11:20:13 AM »

Excelent steve ,So if you can have something like that slip through your finger's then you must have a cool ride at the moment or at least planning one ?
Must have blown you away to see your FC 20 years down the track on a computer screen , Well I would say that says it all - The calibre of tough that your FC sports is second to none if it can still be passed around now.
A big block in an FC ,I hope you renewed the king pins first before the engine swap.
Digger

Classic not Plastic

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2002, 06:40:04 AM »

Hi Harko,

Sorro   Cry  it wasnt my car a close mate owned it, I had a FC ute at the time and I was playing with the red 1971 JAG in the back ground of the pic, had just fitted a 350 chev and setting up a blower on it but i did get angry when he was selling it I run out of money (blew it on the JAG) plus trying to buy first house. Dam shelas!!!

Steve.
HARKO
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2002, 10:13:18 PM »

The makers of virtual muscle machines are at it again although this time grabbing the Ute & Munro for an Ozzie prototype deal with SM

« Last Edit: September 27, 2002, 11:00:01 PM by HARKO » Logged
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2002, 12:33:10 AM »

Hi Harko,

A Rohan Day inspired piece?

in the shed
FCwagon
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2002, 03:18:16 AM »

Hi all,
just wondering if these effects can be achieved using photoshop v5 and if so where do I start?
cheers,
Leigh

Red & white is alright
HARKO
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2002, 09:14:25 AM »

Leigh
       I cannot express more sincerely that if you enjoy looking at what I have done and want to know more then you need to immerse yourself in a suitable programme  , I have been playing with Arcsoft Photostudio for a few months now and before that - Photoshop .
I find that Arcsoft have limitations on what can be acheived easily and so can still be acheived but differently ,Like going into a house through the front door or climbing a fence and outrunning the Rottweiller to go in the back door
Photoshop (although I had an outdated version) was a lot more efficient and an exelent starting point , Different programmes are not all that different to control its more just getting the feel of them.
Most tasks are easy for example resizing the wheels is acheived by selecting a transform tool(maybe different name in photoshop) ,It will stretch  ,skew ,resize ,Squash etc etc after selecting the area in which you want to work
But before I rattle on too much get yoursel tutorial and go from there Leigh its your best bet ,A lot like learning to play guitar by ear or by instructor.

Who is Rohan Day ? He must be ripping off my ideas hehehe!

« Last Edit: September 28, 2002, 09:25:14 AM by HARKO » Logged
HARKO
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2002, 12:14:20 PM »

Heres a good one for you to look at Leigh ,I borrowed Gary meyers mustangs flames and blower ,And copied a set of wheels off another car

« Last Edit: September 28, 2002, 12:22:31 PM by HARKO » Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: