FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:40:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: scratch plates  (Read 6584 times)
thecollector

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2005, 09:22:16 PM »

Hi All,
      Looking for a full set of scratch plates, they are for an EK.

Any help would be great...an if anyone has a full set for sale that would be even better!!!
Thanking You in advance Smiley
REDMR2RED
vic-club

Model: FC

FC Ute's d'best

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2005, 09:42:34 PM »

There is a set on ebay now (2 days to go)

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Holden-FE-FC-FB-EK-Holden-Nasco-Door-Scratch-Plates_W0QQitemZ4574826961QQcategoryZ32058QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Kevin

1959 FC Holden Ute
fe hotrod

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2005, 06:27:35 AM »

;)The last set of scratch plates on ebay went for close to $300 which in my book is way to much!!!ebay,s prices are going through the roof,every one bidding early,bumping the price to a all new record,the last set i bought for $125 certainly wasnt on ebay!Ebays prices at least give me a good laugh anyway..... Grin Grin       jamie
thecollector

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2005, 08:03:44 PM »

Thanks for advice about e-bay, thought it was a bit rich when I first saw them on e-bay.  When I was told $120 to $140 was a fair price now I'm glad I never went in blind and paid the new record price.  Then to find out I could of bought 2 sets for $310 and with change left over to put fuel in the tank
:(On sale now on e-bay; Item number: 4574826961
(but the bidding war is yet to begin)

:oSold for $310 on e-bay; Item number: 4571290006

Thank You for your advice...an one day I'll find a full set of scratch plates in good nick for the right price Roll Eyes
SRVLIVES

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2005, 10:49:26 PM »

;)The last set of scratch plates on ebay went for close to $300 which in my book is way to much!!!ebay,s prices are going through the roof,every one bidding early,bumping the price to a all new record,the last set i bought for $125 certainly wasnt on ebay!Ebays prices at least give me a good laugh anyway..... Grin Grin       jamie

Bit that amazes me, people are still buying, even at these ridiculous prices!

TAYZ
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2005, 05:46:52 AM »

Scratch plates.....
                                collector i was of the old mind set when i purchased my FC that old holden bits were still cheap.  when i was 15-17 i did up an EK which was a bit of a machine!!  I used to get bits for nothing, or a very cheap price.  since getting FC I started looking for bits and couldnt beleive prices people were paying.  I suppose time has got on and bits are worth a bit more.  i set a budget of $120- for scratch plates and got onto a set but it fell through.  I then got onto another set from the FB/EK site for $200-.  I contacted the bloke and siad the price was a bit too high, anyhow I went to melbourne and sighted them and gave him the cash straight up, as they were in perfect nick.  It was a bit more than I expected to pay but in hind site i now have them and they look "trick" on my ol machine, and I am glad i bought them.  i know a bloke now who has quite a few scratch plates so give me a pm and I will forward his details on if you like ,

Cheers, Paul TAYLOR
FC-V8

Not enough hours in the day

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2005, 08:08:39 AM »

Hi all
     I am also chasing a set of scratch plates as well if anyone knows of some please let me know, I am watching the sets on ebay but I think they will both exceed my limit of cash & common sence.  
Cheers
Glenn

What it to rev ? install a CHEV !
0401-065-201
Rabbitoh
vic-club

Model: FE

FE - 'King of Cars'

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2005, 09:17:18 AM »

You would think someone would get a batch of these suckers repro'ed, wouldn't ya?

Fortius Quo Fidelius 1966; Saints' 2nd in 2024?
Bunnies' 22nd in 2024?
FC-V8

Not enough hours in the day

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2005, 09:46:18 AM »

Rabbitoh
            I asked Rare spares if they do a repo & they said they use to years ago but had problems with the tooling so they stopped doing them.
Glenn

What it to rev ? install a CHEV !
0401-065-201
Fast_Eddie

Body by Holden. Soul by Fast Eddie.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2005, 05:43:45 AM »

That's interesting.

They don't seem to normally let that bother them.  Wink
Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2005, 12:17:01 AM »

You could easily repro these using fibrelgass and then get them plastic chromed however, this would end up costing the same as the real deal, maybe more..

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
thecollector

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2005, 04:29:43 AM »

Thanks everybody!!!
Got my scratch plates and a full set of 4 too!!!  
Need a bit of a pollish but all good. Smiley
However I saw my 3rd set on e-bay in a number of weeks, wonder if these are repro's that were done by rare spares or the originals. :-/
Is there a way you can tell?   as the only thing mine has stampt on them is RF,LF,LR,RR to say what door they go on too...   and I belive that's what the originals had.
An if someone is good at metal work or fabrication, you could make a fair amount of dollars on e-bay Tongue
Thanks again, once more my mind is filled with more useful and good to know knowledge Grin
stew
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2005, 05:57:39 AM »

Sam? - the guy who makes the repro mud-flap brackets and "filguard" petrol cap surround - was pressing these for a time, but discontinued them for quality reasons.  I think Rares were buying them from him.

Now now Eddie, no need for that :-/

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: