FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 28, 2024, 08:21:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: "NOS" 179 Red Motor  (Read 2638 times)
tmudie

Back on the road again

View Profile
« on: September 04, 2005, 08:45:45 AM »

Getting ready to sell/move house and need to (reluctantly) get rid of parts I've collected but with no current project car to use for.......a familiar story, right?

I have a 179 motor that I am assured has done less than 1,000 miles. It was originally fitted in a HD, some how or another a crack in the block appeared around the mounting lug for the gearbox cowling. As the car was only new, the motor was replaced by the dealer at the time. The guy I bought it off worked at the dealer and got the motor "at the right price"

He stripped it down, brazed the crack in a furnace and then stored it for the next 40 years.......

I also have the complete engine, all the bits, manifolds, carby, head etc, but it all needs to be put back together and the head reconditioned. Also included is a EH oil pan so that you can fit to a FE/FC with HR front end

The good news is, you can see all the pistons, rings, big ends. The guy stored it all perfectly, oiled and waxed all the components etc. you can still even see some of the QA texta "tested' marks of the pistons. The cam and crank has been stored upright, so no risk of any distortion.

The individual bits alone would be worth a few bucks, but a pretty unique opportunity to get a basically new motor.

Open to offers, pick up only from Castle Cove in North Shore Sydney.

Cheers

Tony
0402 891 337

I hope I wear as well as my FC Holden
slim
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Ring 0420768346 for genuine FE/FC parts.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2005, 11:56:25 PM »

Tony . I maybe interested in this. Can you supply engine block number .. Also is it a HP block .. Cheers SLIM

Im located at Liverpool, NSW
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: