FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 22, 2024, 09:09:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Rear Brake Drums  (Read 2023 times)
HYSTERIA

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2005, 03:22:08 AM »

I was just wondering if you guys had any advice for me in regards to fitting alloys to my EK. The wheels that i'm buying have a machined flat face on the inside but the brake drum has raised sections on it and the new wheel wont sit flat. The original wheels are shaped so that the raised sections on the brake drum sit in recesses in the wheel.  Are there brake drums from another model that have a flat face or do I have to machine a 3mm thick spacer?
Cheers
Jason

EK 215 - Who needs all that chrome
Burnsy

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 07:12:03 AM »

Jason, pretty sure the HR drums have a flat face.  I have the HR rear on mine and alloys fit fine.  I know there has bee some talk of this problem previously, have you tried searching brake drums.  It covered the problem of fitting different steelies to different models due to the problem you mentioned.

Don't think you can fit the HR drums to your EK rear though, I think you would have to fit the whole HR brake system (backing plate, shoes etc) and then have the HR wheel cyliners sleeved to suit so as to not effect your brake proportioning.  Someone else should be able to confirm this.

Mike
earlyholdenfan

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2005, 12:45:17 PM »

Hi Jason,
I am pretty sure Burnsey has hit the nail on the head there, but you could always call "Hoppers Stoppers" they are great with technical info, and decent bunch of guys. They are over in melbourne
Matt
HYSTERIA

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2005, 02:20:38 AM »

Cheers guys

Cool

EK 215 - Who needs all that chrome
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode)