FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 07, 2024, 03:20:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Friday hooray.  (Read 4249 times)
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« on: June 11, 2005, 03:32:34 AM »

Yay

it's friday and even better a long weekend!

cant wait to get up to the shed to work on the car, have a list of jobs to do, and it's kept me distracted from my real job the entire week!

hoping to have 99% of the wiring sorted out so I can get to the fun stuff like... installing rubber seals.. ughhh.

have a good weekend.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
gp
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2005, 04:01:37 AM »

I'll be going to the dark side this weekend (well, sort of....) The HD-HR Nats at Bringelly, with Baydon's HR. Here's hoping it's agood weekend

Cheers,
Graham
TAYZ
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2005, 04:34:57 AM »

Hope you all have fun, Im working 3 12 hour night shifts at ballarat where it is currently puoring with rain,

TAYZ
HARKO
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2005, 01:52:30 PM »

Im finaly at the stage where I got to reverse the FB out of the shed tonight and plan to install seat belts , Set up the shifter , and mount the bucket seats over the weekend .
Sarge
Guru

My 57 & Old No 7 all a Man Need's

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2005, 12:11:50 AM »

Well that all sounds like fun, but I will be spending most of the time at wintersun.

Cheers
Sarge

Mark Lees Tallerbudgera Queensland
        0421 165 351
Holden Classics; a BREED above the rest
REDMR2RED
vic-club

Model: FC

FC Ute's d'best

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2005, 12:22:19 AM »

Hi Harko, any chance of detailing the Bucket Seat and Seat Belt installation, with pics.

I'm planning to do the same job myself soon.  As my FC Ute is in original condition I can't quite bring myself to rip out the bench seat just yet.  But I feel kinda naked driving without seat belts.

I'd like to see how you mount the top shoulder support to the side of the body.  It used to be done by drilling a hole and using a bolt that went right through, but I don't want to do that.

Kevin

1959 FC Holden Ute
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2005, 01:15:24 AM »

Kevin, if you look thorugh Fast Eddies "Long road to Jindabyne" post in Member's Cars section, I think he details the insertion of a plate and captive nut inside the pillar.
http://www.fefcholden.org.au/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=album;action=display;num=1100135620

REDMR2RED
vic-club

Model: FC

FC Ute's d'best

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2005, 03:16:00 AM »

Thanks Stinky, I had a good look at Fast Eddies captive nut insert.  That's a great way to go while doing a total restoration.  

I'm hoping to find a way of doing it without pulling the interior apart too much.

Kevin
« Last Edit: June 12, 2005, 03:17:57 AM by REDMR2RED » Logged

1959 FC Holden Ute
minifcvan
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2005, 04:27:12 AM »

its been raining here all nite (fri) went up the shed this morn and found it half flooded out but cant find no leaks Huh i think its coming in through a cement retaining wall so ive got to try to put a stop to it sooo there goes my long weekend the good thing about this is that i can atleast drink lots of beer while im up there Grin Grin see ya,s mark
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2005, 09:57:44 PM »

what a weekend...

For the last 2 weeks I had been hunting down a very elusive electrical gremlin.  Seems this one saw me coming a long way off and was enjoying watching me curse, swear and tear my hair out in frustration.

How hard is it to get a car starting using the key?

This gremlin was clever.. it knew how to hide, why will the car only start when hotwired?  Ignition coil had power in ON position, fuel pumps had power in ON position, however the coil did not have power in the Start position.

well easy fixed right?  hooked up a relay to provide power to the coil when the key is in the Start position (also prevents backfeeding of current, I could achieve the same using a diode)... still no start.. bugger.

After some major head scratching, I eventually found that elusive gremlin.

He was hiding in the power source to the Fuel Injector relay.  No power to energize the relay was available so on start up the injectors would remain unpowered and therefore no fuel would be available.

the fix was easy, a power source from the ignition switch (START) postiion fitted with a diode to prevent back feeding of this source to the starter motor circuit.

$2 worth of parts, hours of labour, the gremlin has been caught and squashed.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
Fast_Eddie

Body by Holden. Soul by Fast Eddie.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2005, 10:16:03 PM »

Kevin,

I also have a blue ute that I purchased without seatbelts. Driving without belts is a weird experience.

Like you, I didn't want to cut the thing to pieces to get belts in.

As such, I've attached the shoulder attachment of the belt to the bulkhead behind the seat, as you would if you were mounting sash seatbelts in the rear seat of a sedan.

I have used a loose plate and nut that can be purchased as an accessory to the seat belt kit to use in cars that don't have factory fixing points.

The only hassle is that it is a two person operation to tighten them up.

Regards

Edward
(Fast Eddie)
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2005, 10:52:06 PM »

It was the weekend for gremlins Ed, mine was the indicators not working after replacing the Speedo.
No noticeable breaks or disconnections, fuse was OK, occasionally it would tease me by giving a quick tick before stopping.
It ended up being corrosion on the fuse holder terminals, cleaned them up and it's sweet again.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: