FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:45:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Crystel_angel's FC- Vicky  (Read 8151 times)
crystel_angel

View Profile
« on: April 20, 2005, 05:25:46 AM »

Just bought 'Vicky' about two weeks ago for $2500. Such a bargain  Grin. Am going to restore her original body but am thinking of putting in later model engine, brake and suspension specs. Red or Blue 202 from either a Kingswood or commodore. I was also thinking of putting in the kingswood disc brake front end and newer drumbrakes, brakebooster and master cylinder. Along with that goes the T bar Automatic gearbox (T5 hopefully). Also the wireing needs  an overhaul with the paint job. Im going to try to hide the CD  player in the glovebox.

(tag for the image isn't working properly. WIll fix this soon, but she can be seen to the side of the post under my name)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2005, 05:40:20 AM by crystel_angel » Logged
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2005, 05:54:51 AM »

The URL is too long and the "forum" has put a %20 in there. Use http://www.tinyurl.com to fix Smiley

BTW, good score on the FC!

« Last Edit: April 20, 2005, 05:55:33 AM by stinky » Logged

RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2005, 06:01:59 AM »

Welcome Crystel and Vicky,

Olinda Green over Adobe Beige, just like my very first FC.  Warms the cockles Grin

You'll find in our Tech Info area an excellent article on fitting a HR disc brake front end, which is really what you need.  Pretty much a bolt-up proposition.  The engine/gearbox transplant isn't a huge job, and all the bits you need to do it are readily available from places like Castlemaine Rod Shop.

Hope that helps,
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
fe hotrod

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2005, 06:26:01 AM »

Good buy!!you paid a lot less than i sold it to my brother in law for!! I owned this fc for about 5 years,did a fair bit to her,before i sold it to mark and tiff,they drove it from melb to sydney,didnt miss a beat and reckond they could have turned around and drove back!!!it was in great condition when i sold it to them,but hasnt had anything done to it for quite a while,at that price i was tempted to buy it back,but the handbrake reakons i have to many toys as it is!!!i hope you enjoy her as she,s a great old rig Wink Wink ;)and welcome to a great forum you will learn heaps about FC,s if you hang around here!!!! Wink
HAD 708

Holdens and the Mighty Woodsmen truly magnificent

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2005, 07:42:09 AM »

Like RET that color combo was my very first car and the Vic rego was not unlike what you have got on the car my rego was GVK 708 and i still think of that car as it was a beauty. Well done on a great buy and at a real cheap price.
Brett

Brett Gillard
Sarge
Guru

My 57 & Old No 7 all a Man Need's

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2005, 06:43:23 PM »

Hey welcome to the forum. very nice pick up with the FC. Look forward to watching the progress of you project.

Cheers
Sarge

Mark Lees Tallerbudgera Queensland
        0421 165 351
Holden Classics; a BREED above the rest
trip8426

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2005, 10:22:31 AM »

Im crystal's boyfriend who is doing up (vicky) the FC. Thanks  for all the tips guy's. Does anyone know if the length of the FC is roughly the same as the HJ kingswood or any kingswood's in that period.  The Exhaust for some reason is leaking at all the adapters and joiners and i want to transfer the exhaust off a kingswood along with the engine and gearbox? Pluss im just going off what people have told me but the chassie rail in the FC should fit the RED 202 from a kingswood or an earlie model commodore?  The other question i had was is there a place that anybody in sydney knows that does carpet for the FC?    Thanks for all your help

RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2005, 02:01:04 AM »

Here are some answers to your questions:

1.  The FC is significantly shorter than any Kingswood model.  Probably closer to Torana, if anything.
2.  Exhaust system to suit FC easily obtainable - this has been discussed recently.
3.  Engine & Gearbox will require tunnel mods and rear box hanger.  Red/blue/black conversions and what is required has been discussed here many many times in the Modification board.
4.  Moulded carpet is readily available from the usual locations, Tru-Fit etc.

Hope that helps,
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Guru

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2005, 02:22:37 AM »

Custom carpet would be required though if you do trans tunnel mods. This is something I will need to address soon, my investigations lead me to believe a FB/EK carpet would fit the Rod Shop trans tunnel mod.

trip8426

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2005, 12:20:39 AM »

i have unfortunatly hit a barrier.    Im up for the conversion still but people are giving me different (very different) quotes as to how much value i would loose with the conversion. does anyone here know around about how much we are going to loose if we do it or is it not worth doing. maby just having the engine rebuild and all the systems cleaned and put back on the road straight away would be better?  
Guru

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2005, 12:41:05 AM »

It's your choice as to doing any conversion, but if you are doing anything with a view to selling it and getting your money back or a profit, forget it.

Restorers will say you will lose money by upgrading, whereas the Modifiers will say you are adding value.
Bottom Line - your car, your choice.
Your car is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it.
Sorry I can't be any more helpful than that.

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2005, 08:42:03 AM »

My opinion is that good work is rewarded, a poor stocky is worth little as is a poor modified car.  Ultimately the highest dollars paid would be for a super modified car with big dollar engine and top trim and paint etc.

Max dollars for a 100% quality stocker would be 20K whilst a top line modified would double that easily

Generally though your average car would have a higher value as a stocker than as a modified

Ken
Effie C

Model: other Holden

Still Lost & Confused

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2005, 10:07:54 AM »

Custom carpet would be required though if you do trans tunnel mods. This is something I will need to address soon, my investigations lead me to believe a FB/EK carpet would fit the Rod Shop trans tunnel mod.

Glen
Order carpets for the EK auto body, same floor pan but with the bigger tunnel

LIVE LIFE ONE DAY AT A TIME,FOR TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME!

Photo Site:http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v161/EffieC/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: