FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 09, 2024, 06:38:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: All Good (great) things must come to an end  (Read 11230 times)
FC_Driver
nsw-club

Model: FC

We Love our FC...

View Profile
« on: March 29, 2005, 09:00:53 AM »

What a great time was had by all this Easter at Jindabyne. Who will ever forget the Sunday Cruise to Dalgety. 70+ cars in convoy . What a day!!! FEs & FCs as far as the eye could see. Then there was the photo shoot at the local garage. Now that was a special sight. To the organising committee Thank You. Now can we take off our wrist bands. Smiley
gp
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2005, 08:35:06 PM »

Yes, you can take off your wrist bands now!  Grin

Thanks for your positive comments and we're glad you had a great time.

I look forward to seeing you at Phillip Island.

Cheers,

Graham  Cheesy

Longhurst

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2005, 02:55:06 AM »

The organising committee need a large pat on the back, what a great weekend. Thanks for the memory.
Peter
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2005, 03:48:28 AM »

I'll add my congratulations to this post.The weekend was a blast.Something I'll never forget. The ACT guys and girls did a wonderful job can't sing their praises high enough.

Cheers,
and thanks,
Graham
craiga
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2005, 03:55:35 AM »

can't sing their praises high enough.

I thought you did enough singing at Saturday nights Karaoke  Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Wayne
nsw-club
Guru

I Love my FE

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2005, 05:36:14 AM »

I would also like to say a big THANK YOU to all the work and effort they put into the weekend to make it a GREAT WEEKEND only one thing wrong the weekend went too quick.
WAYNE
Beetroot
act-club

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2005, 05:43:58 AM »

FROM THE ORGANISING SIDE OF THINGS, SOMETIMES IT APPEARED THAT IT WENT TOO QUICK!!

But, I agree. It was sad to see it all come to an end.

I'm very glad you all enjoyed it so much.

Just as a matter of interest, have any of you eaten your lollies??? Or are you all just going to keep them somewhere on a shelf???
Cheesy
colt
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2005, 07:25:43 AM »

It's a bit hard to sing karaoke whilst looking through the bottom of a glass, eh Craig?
Colin

colt
gp
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2005, 07:54:03 AM »

Thanks for the kind words guys. Our main aim for the weekend was to make the entrants smile  Cheesy. I think we succeeded with that.

Cheers,

Graham
GOA350
vic-club

FE's are great when they've got a V8

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2005, 08:25:41 AM »

To everybody who had anything at all to do with the nats, be it organising committee, sponsors or entrants. Thank You all very, very much for a wonderful weekend ,my wife and I haven't stopped talking about it and I couldn't wait to get home, once we'd left Jindabyne, to get on the forum and talk to our new family. Once again thanks to all involved and hope to see you all at Phillip Island
                                         sincerest thanks
                              Scott & Virginia Mckenzie
JB
qld-club
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2005, 09:05:42 AM »

Awesome weekend...

Phillip Island... Are we there yet?

Hey Graham, how do we get more lollies???  Grin

Thanks Guys and Girls for a weekend not to forget.

Jason and Sonja.  Grin &  Kiss

Phone +64 223509263
mcl1959
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2005, 09:45:27 AM »

BEST NATS EVER - until next year anyway  Grin

On behalf of myself and my family, we had a great time and all the efforts made to run these events should not be underestimated.
Congrats to Graham and his team from the ACT as everything went very well and all possible areas were well covered.

Ken, Jan, Kate and Tim

ps we really love the "I survived 10 Nat's" T shirts
gp
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2005, 07:09:33 PM »

Jason & Sonia,
Sorry, but I believe that the lollies are all gone. It was great to meet you both. I look forward to seeing you at Phillip Island??

Scott, Ken, etc, thanks for the kind words.

Cheers,

Graham Cheesy
Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2005, 08:19:44 PM »

Hello All,

Despite missing the deadline and attending without a car (didn't I cop some sh!t for that !  lol), I still had a ball.

met loads of cool people, had a great time.

thanks organisers.. was great.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
Hewart
nsw-club

Holden on forever...

profile.php?id=1071847991 hewart
View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2005, 10:16:15 PM »

Just to echo all those thoughts... I thought the weekend was fantastic, even if it seemed to end much too quick!!!

The organisation of everything was first class, and I'm sure everyone enjoyed it. It was a very relaxing weekend, but we're all still knackered as there was so much to see and do.

It was great to meet new friends, put faces to those forum names, and catch up with others we already knew.... and too see some very high quality FEs and FCs was a huge bonus!!!

I have to say I am plesantly surprised how much my wife and kids enjoyed the weekend too!! They met and made new friends too, and thoroughly enjoyed themselves... My wife particularly enjoyed not having to worry about feeding us all weekend too Wink

In fact they are now pushing toward travelling to Melbourne mext year much more than I expected them too Grin It also helped that the car went so weel with no dramas at all...

Awesome weekend guys!!
Thanks heaps
Les.....

the_love_god

DARK & STORMY

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2005, 03:58:09 AM »

Smiley Thank you very much, Ivy and my self had a great time and it great to see all the guys and gals again,hoping to see all of you again 2006. Cool
GREGD

FE & FC HOLDENS ROAR

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2005, 06:13:24 AM »

RAH RAH RAH

What a weekend all those FE-FC's, great place, well organised, kind weather and fantastic people.

Kate and I have just got in the door, first destination the forum to read the responses and look at all the pix.

Is there a hard luck trophy for the trip home Tony Galea driving home @ 50mph and us with two blowouts the second with no spare, thanks to Martin for the use of his spare, EFFEE did look odd with a stocky wheel and tire on the front.

Anyway all this did, was add to the experience.

Again congratulations to the organisers on a great 4 days

Kate and Greg
« Last Edit: March 31, 2005, 06:16:35 AM by gregd » Logged
old-blu
nsw-club

Model: FE and FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2005, 06:24:16 AM »

Hi to you all.  FC VAN arrived home safely on Wed. arvo.
I would like to endorse all the preceeding comments and add our sincere thanks to the Canberra Team for their "SUPER EFFORT". I will remember the snaking line of FE & FCs as they made their way to Dalgety, the karaoke night [which in my view bonded the crowd & had us all laughing like teenagers.] The Presentation Night was superb .
Thanks to "Tailshaft Timmy" for taking us up to Thredbo and the walk from the Chairlift -- we know you didn't need that Tim after all you had already done!!
My congratulations to the National Delegates on the successful changes to the Judging system. Spreading the Trophies around the way this has turned out is "the way to go".
Whilst we are pleased to be safely Home,we do feel a bit flat after  a great time with such a friendly team of new and old friends.
looking forward to Phillip Island & will need to extract the digit to get my wagon finished. Thankyou from the two OLD-BLUs. Wink Wink

6th, may 1958 "I was there".
HAD 708

Holdens and the Mighty Woodsmen truly magnificent

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2005, 09:01:37 AM »

Even though i passed on my congratulations to all the organising committee of the ACT club on a truly fantastic Nationals i feel obligated to pass my thoughts on again to ALL those concerned in the running of the best Nats yet!!!! I came home with a sore throat from all the Talking and a little! drinking it was sad to leave all the great people but reasssuring that the majority will make the trip to Phillip Island for the 2006 Nats. We are all so lucky to be in such great inclusive movement. Our trip home was a long one after finally getting Tony Galea back on the road about 1.00pm in Cooma after the repair of the gear stick tube!! A special thanks to Colin and Jackie Tierny and Julius and Nicola Goboly for there support and assistance. The Cooma garage guy was fantastic as well. We all arrrived home around midnight last night to give the well worked grey motors a deserved rest after just over 1250 miles!! Anyway on to Phillip Island organisation we have only 12 months "OH MY"
Brett

Brett Gillard
NascoHunter
vic-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2005, 11:43:58 AM »

Hi all,
    Have been to all 10 Nationals and this Nats was by far the best. Great company, cars, location and best of all great team work from the ACT Club. Was sad it had to end am feeling a bit flat at the moment but will fire up for Phillip Island in 2006. Also big thanks to Colin and Jackie Tierny, Julius and Nicola Goboly and Kev who let me us his tool and work shop in Cooma and all the support in getting my FC back on the road for the long haul home at 50-55 miles and ariving home safe and sound at midnight.
Thanks Heaps
     Tony and Dina Galea.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: