FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 21, 2024, 09:08:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Hop Up!  (Read 1738 times)
navy_speed_shop

I cant wait for Guru status!

View Profile
« on: February 19, 2005, 12:29:27 AM »

hows it goin fellas
been collecting and scrounging now for a little while and finally have enough pennys to get my donk back on line.
 So far ive stiripped down the old girl and sourced a Waggott Twin carby manifold and some HQ carbies. instead of using the the dodgey speco linkages, ive used kick downs on the throttle shafts, makes things a bit tighter and not so sketchy looking.
 ive got to pick up a finned aluminium rocker cover from somewhere, had one, lost one kinda deal.

Now any suggestions on head work? i want to chuck this into a fe/fc ute when i get a bit more bling bling. figure that the power to weight ratio will be a bit more friendly.
 so the head dosent have to be too crazy, i was thinking bigger valves new springs etc.  but the big question what valves?

thats all for now though. should get some replies.
Cheers fellas!!!

living has taught me to think, but thinking has not taught me to live.
Fast_Eddie

Body by Holden. Soul by Fast Eddie.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2005, 07:09:37 AM »

Grey motor?

Mine was rebuilt with 186 valves I think, with some mild head work.

Speak to Mike Dyer at Brookvale. Old school engine builder, knows greys back to front.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: