FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:31:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC Front Bench Seat Mounts  (Read 6713 times)
fcfromscratch
wa-club

FC - Fantastic Cars

View Profile
« on: November 21, 2001, 01:45:48 PM »

Can anyone explain how the bench seat mountings should be.  
The one I have appears to bolt to the floor at the back of the adjustment rack and slide back and forth at the front.
There are bolt holes in the floor to take a mounting bracket at the front of the seat mounting but no flange with bolt holes on the front end of the mounting bracket.
Am I missing something or does it only bolt to the floor at the rear of the seat mounting bracket?

Any advice appreciated.....

:-/
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2001, 11:01:30 PM »

There is a bracket that looks something like this:
 _|""""|_

that holds the front of the seat down.  There are also bakelite spacers that can be used to lift the height of the seat in here as well.

I'd be surprised if FB-EK seats weren't the same.  The brackets certainly aren't a rarity, you should be able to get a pair at a swap meet or even Rare Spares or Harrisons.

cheers
RET
« Last Edit: November 21, 2001, 11:02:32 PM by ret » Logged

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2001, 01:10:30 AM »

I had a look in the workshop manual and the FE parts catalogue last night to see if there was a picture of the bracket I could send you, but there wasn't, unfortunately.  However, for what it's worth it is called a Floor pan retainer and is part number 7409350  Wink

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
ACE
Guru

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2001, 12:51:07 AM »

Wink I HAVE GOT THESE BRACKETS IF YOU STILL NEED THEM.
   REGARDS ACE. Roll Eyes
fcfromscratch
wa-club

FC - Fantastic Cars

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2001, 01:28:24 PM »

thanks guys for the advice,  I got my cars in pieces and never actually dismantled the seats/mounts etc
I looked in the manual and found as Richard says that there were no pictures of the mounting brackets
I probably have some among my boxes of bits, just don't recognise them....I have seen the bakelite bits (shaped like an offset dogbone, about 1/2 inch thick??) and thought that they were tailgate hardware from a Stn Sedan...I got lotsa little bits!!!

I'll have a look to see if I've got some brackets with the right hole spacing for the floor pan holes...if not I will take you up on your offer Ace...
Roybeth

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2021, 06:14:30 PM »

Hi Guys, just looking at doing a trial fit for the bench seat in my ute - I have the front brackets but no bolts. Is it usual for there to be a thread/nut welded in the floor - mine doesn't have anything , just four holes each side
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2021, 08:20:19 PM »

No, there should be captive nuts in the floor. The bolts usually get rusted underneath and tend to damage the captive nuts which is probably why they are missing. Pretty easy to make up a replacement and weld it underneth

Ken
my8thholden
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2021, 07:15:35 AM »

dog bone spacers for front seat ,original were plastic , got mine from Pete Mallaby ,club member , he has plastic ( nylon ) or aluminum ..tel..02 6574 6300 or email admin@mallaby.com.au ..cheers Vern ..

these days i'm half as good for twice as long
Roybeth

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2021, 07:49:52 AM »

dog bone spacers for front seat ,original were plastic , got mine from Pete Mallaby ,club member , he has plastic ( nylon ) or aluminum ..tel..02 6574 6300 or email admin@mallaby.com.au ..cheers Vern ..

Are spacers needed? or are they a height adjustment or do they have another purpose?
Errol62
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2021, 08:56:21 AM »

Optional height adjustment Helen, dealer fitted. By the end of the EK run they had become virtually standard. They can also be used to tilt the seat back slightly, if you just fit the front ones. Although this will limit ability to move the seat back in a ute, as the top of the backrest will hit the cabin wall sooner.

Pete Mallaby also does the front saddle seat retainers as I recall.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2021, 12:54:57 PM »

I had a reupholstered EK bench seat in my last FE and found it more comfortable without the spacers.

Ken
Roybeth

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2021, 01:22:37 PM »

thanks Gents  Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: