FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 20, 2024, 07:52:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: fc holden insurance  (Read 2575 times)
chris stokes
« on: October 02, 2001, 01:21:18 PM »

G"day

I have a nice 58 special sedan that has had a rest of eight years or so in the shed while we did some serious travelling in the landcruiser. ( sorry I know its a toyota ,but an awesome vehicle nonetheless)

Now I am back at home and are preparing the car for re-registration.

When the car was registered after restoration in the early nineties , I had it insured through a normal mainstream insurance company.

I was aware that insurance for classic cars was available through more specialized policies appropriate forn these vehicles, and would like to hear from owners who can offer any information.

Regards

Chris Stokes
Effie C

Model: other Holden

Still Lost & Confused

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2001, 12:17:56 AM »

Chris
I have my FC insured with Shannons, very reasonable rates and a salvage clause which means you get the wreck and the cash if vechile is written off, makes it easier to start again

LIVE LIFE ONE DAY AT A TIME,FOR TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME!

Photo Site:http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v161/EffieC/
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2001, 11:36:37 PM »

Furthermore, Shannons have reasonable rates for modified vehicles.  NRMA and Vigil etc won't touch modifieds.

Hope that helps,
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Carla

www.myrtle.cjb. net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2001, 03:53:17 AM »

My car is modified with a 161 and an auto and I'm registered with Vigil.  

I wouldn't rave about them and they are a little difficult to get to re-value the car once work has been done to it, but their age excess isn't too bad.

With the Shannon policy we were offered, by the time we'd paid all the excesses we'd only get half the money we were insured for.  So it wasn't really worth it for us.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: