FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 06:58:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: door handles fc  (Read 2822 times)
Russ

mmm dohnuts

View Profile
« on: May 15, 2001, 12:00:00 PM »

Please Help.What is the correct way to remove door handles and window winders[to remove door trim] on an FC[I think fc stands for f###ing car somtimes!]

Ford boy with a FC weakness!!!
Michael

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2001, 12:00:00 PM »

To remove them you need the special thin metal tool that pushes a spring clip out from behind. I got mine from Rare $pares. (the tool is cheap) This fits between the chrome handles and the thin metal plate behind, and pushes this clip out and the handle pops off. Good luck and watch for the bloody clips as they tend to jump out! I place my hand over the whole handle assembly as i push the spring out to stop this happening...
Michael

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2001, 12:00:00 PM »

To remove them you need the special thin metal tool that pushes a spring clip out from behind. I got mine from Rare $pares. (the tool is cheap) This fits between the chrome handles and the thin metal plate behind, and pushes this clip out and the handle pops off. Good luck and watch for the bloody clips as they tend to jump out! I place my hand over the whole handle assembly as i push the spring out to stop this happening...
none@unknown.net
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2001, 12:00:00 PM »

mikee
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2001, 12:00:00 PM »

none@unknown.net
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2001, 12:00:00 PM »

Like all Holdens and 99% of all other cars you need the tool available from most auto spares stores to push out the circlip between the inner handle and the door trim washer
dunny@standard.net.au
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2001, 12:00:00 PM »

If you do not have an original manual may I suggest the Max Ellery written book which covers most of the needs for these early model vehicles it has original extracts for your particular model and will help with the removal.Most good bookstores will be able to get this manual or have it in stock. Good Luck
Carla

www.myrtle.cjb. net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2001, 12:00:00 PM »

You can get the window winder remover tool (gee that's a mouthful) from Kmart at the moment for about $6, that's where we got ours.
Cheers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: