FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 08:40:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC's are really FB's  (Read 2810 times)
Blown_FC

FC Holdens & Mini Coopers....Cars of the Century

View Profile
« on: March 20, 2004, 05:15:33 AM »

Thought a few of you may be interested in a quirk I've noticed with my FC.

I am replacing my front Shackle Pins on the rear springs of my FC Sedan.

I ordered RARE SPARES "FC" pins...part no. SP1003

When they arrived, went to fit them in, and guess what...they are about 7 or 8 mm too short Huh??

Double checked the package, double checked with Rare Spares and they are the right pins for a FC.

So I made the Rare Spares guy go and find the pins that will fit.....and it turns out to be an FB item....part no. SP1001

My car is definately an FC, and the Pin holders that form part of the chassis, are original and don;t seem to have been changed.

Has anyone else had this dilemma Huh

If not, and you are about to buy new shackle pins, ORDER FB items !

Now I'm off to Auto One for an exchange !

Cheers

Mark
fc4kiwi

crusin fine in a "59"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2004, 06:07:08 AM »

yes yes yes i had this problem went to rare spares, for pins, same thing happen to me, went to holden got the correct ones, maybe Rare spares have packed fb into fc packs or vise verser, any got in to a big agrument at rare spares, they dont like to admit they are wrong, go to show use General motors parts so much easier Grin
Blown_FC

FC Holdens & Mini Coopers....Cars of the Century

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2004, 06:33:18 AM »

Phew....thought it was just me......good to know Holdens sell them aswell.

Rare Spares are a great place and should be commended for supplying older parts for our cars that no-one else stocks....HOWEVER.....they should spend a little more time on Quality Control, afterall....they charge enough !

Also went to buy a chassis kit from the ROD SHOP...but they don't fit if your'e using RARE SPARES replacement crossmembers, as the Rare Spares crossmember replacements are about 4-5 mm wider so they fit over your existing rusty crossmembers......

Once again....if they are going to remanufacture parts for replacement, they shoul dbe to factory specs !

Never the less, us car enthusiasts find a way around these small problems.....it jsut annoys me when you spend $47 each for a shackle pin, and they don;t fit !

Cheers

Mark
sgo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2004, 08:32:20 AM »

I've got an order in for a pair, so I can't wait to see what they send me!
I don't know about the price you quoted but I was quoted about $22 for one pin or about $28 ea. to include the bushes.
I did note that this was cheaper than the price on their web site.
Also one R.S. outlet said they weren't available and the other had them in stock!

Murray

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2004, 12:13:00 PM »

It certainly pays to shop around. I just bought some brake hoses from my local rare spares agent at $32 ea.
Same hoses on the rare spares website are $57 ea.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: