FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:44:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Streetneat  introduction..  (Read 13087 times)
streetneat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2004, 08:49:18 AM »

Dont panic sarge - I aint going anywhere.... As I said previously  People only like me for my body...........work....... Good for something is better than being good for nothing I guess... Spent today cutting rust in a mates f...d and  lead wiping my EK Van... this is a new skill I have tought myself and whilst its very succesful ,I now know why even the old panel beaters dont do it any more.... apart from the health implications.... Cheers streetneat Where abouts are you based buddy?

Cheers streetneat -Andrew
Sarge
Guru

My 57 & Old No 7 all a Man Need's

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2004, 09:05:38 AM »

Streetneat
                That lead finishing will kill you. My older brother is a panel beater and refuses to use bog lead finish only. He looks like he is about 15 years older than he is. But if a job is worth doing, I am on the Gold Coast (Elanora). Looking forward to seeing your van at the show.

Regards
Sarge
(4)  Grin

Mark Lees Tallerbudgera Queensland
        0421 165 351
Holden Classics; a BREED above the rest
streetneat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2004, 09:33:30 AM »

Your are dead right lead will kill me... thats why This is a one off that I am doing just to putthe Van in the show in bare steel... I will not lead wipe everything - dont want to hide all my nice welding! Actually the main reason is so when the car heats up in the sun when its all finished painted the jpoins wont rear up due to the fact there is two differnt layers of steel getting hot at different rates. I had this problem on very hot days with the FC coupe and it was a bitch to fix... My therory this time is that the leaded join will prevent this from happening.... I never noticed joins  bulging in the sun on factory  cars so maybe it will work....  cheers streetneat....

Cheers streetneat -Andrew
Sarge
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2004, 09:47:16 AM »

Yeah that sounds much the same as what the big brother would say. But its water off a ducks back to me as Iam only a retired gun plumber from the army bluffing his way though a FE sedan restore to be used as a daily driver. So I can get to Rod Show and drule over cars like your.

Regards
Sarge GURU
(0)  Grin

0421 165 351
Emu

Emu's Ashes pic - Aussies 5-0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2004, 07:23:31 PM »

There it is Sarge!!!

You rule Guru.

I feel much better about the position of Guru now. It has been somewhat restored to its glorious position.

Only 50 more posts and I'm with you. I tried to keep up but you were too good. I probably could have made it if I continued to reply to every one of Kiwi's posts by pointing out all his spelling mistakes, but that gets a bit tired.

I hope you keep up the participation rate.

Emu
Sarge
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2004, 09:03:19 PM »

Emu
      If you where to try and keep up with that pea brains spelling mistakes. You would need to give up your day job as that would be full time employment for you. Noticed I used the word employment that way stumpy bum big nose pea brain wont read this post.

Regards
Sarge

PS when are we going to meet seem we are only one suburb apart.

0421 165 351
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: