FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 26, 2024, 05:21:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Transport  (Read 1380 times)
Jason

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: October 17, 2003, 11:07:06 PM »

Hi All

What would be the best way to get vehicles transported interstate? I.e. QLD to ACT

I may have found myself some utes and would be keen on getting at least one down and strip others for parts, they are not drivable. Huh

Cheers
Jason   Smiley
peterwmh

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2003, 12:24:14 AM »

Finnimores will take vehicles so long as they are rolling and steerable.  Delivery to a depot near you will save $$ so long as you can take them from there.  I did this once and they were very good, mind you it was only from Goulburn to Albury when my WB Statesman did the camshaft!!  It was cheaper for me to transport the vehicle home and do the repair myself  then let a mechanic replace the cam up there!!  Quicker too.

Good luck

Peter

Never late with a 308!!!!
Shayne
qld-club

Model: FE and FC

Just Cruisin'

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2003, 12:48:51 AM »

Find out who delivers cars for your local car dealers.  Then find out who out of them regularly travels up near where you want the cars picked up from.

Most will deliver any vehicle anywhere if you have enough money.  Most of them don't want to muck around with wrecks that can't be driven on to their truck.
Cheesy :-/

A cheap paddock wreck can quickly become expensive if you have to pay a couple of hundred to transport it anywhere, even your own fuel/time going to get it yourself can outweigh the value of the parts on the wreck.  Having said that, it is a lot of fun! Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 18, 2003, 12:52:36 AM by shayne » Logged

Old Holdens Never Die Because Fools Like Me Keep Them Going
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: