FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:16:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Standard sized tyres  (Read 3502 times)
BrendanC

Goin Grey

View Profile
« on: September 23, 2003, 06:35:55 AM »

Gedday all,

Can anyone suggest a good value brand of tyre in the original size? I will need five for my resto.
The car probably wont do a lot of miles each year, but I dont want to put on cheap and nasties.
Any advice from past experience appreciated. Smiley

Thanks,
Brendan.

gp

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2003, 07:40:20 PM »

Hi Brendan,
Don't know if you want whitewalls or not, but I bought some "Cooper" whitewalls from Antique tyre supplies at Heidelberg for my FC. They are reasonably priced and are quite a nice tyre to drive on. They might be worth a look anyway? I also found the staff very pleasant and helpful.

Hope this helps?

Cheers,

Graham.
BrendanC

Goin Grey

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2003, 01:16:50 AM »

Thanks Graham, I`m not looking for whitewalls in particular, preferably something I can order through any local tyre servo. I`ll check out Coopers though.

Chow,

Brendan.
FBvisitor

Don't ya' just love an old Holden

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2003, 03:51:07 AM »

G'day Brendan,

I have fitted "Hankook Milage Plus" tyres to my FB. They aren't quite the original size (175/80 13) but do look very nice. They have about a 1/2" white stripe around them and cost me $64.00 a tyre about 4 years ago. They are quite reasonable to drive on and I was able to get them from a number of different tyre outlets here in Tassie.

I hope this is of help to you, Jason.
BrendanC

Goin Grey

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2003, 03:53:44 AM »

Thanks heaps Jason, I`ll check them out....

Brendan.  Grin
Cat
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2003, 06:20:47 AM »

I have some fantastic Michelins on my car, I think they're called RX's?  They are the original first radials from 1960 (not not the rubber just the design!!) so they are the right height for the car and look like crossplys without the added stress of trying to drive on crossplys!

I think they look OK, and the other guys have seen them and not said they're bad so they might be a good option.  I haven't got a photo though, sorry.

If you feel like it you can call Ken Rudd at Macarthur Tyre Service and tell him Catherine and Peter with the Old Holden told you to call him to find out more about them if you want.

Cheers, Cat

Zoom zoom!
BrendanC

Goin Grey

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2003, 10:27:00 AM »

Thank Cat,

I like Michelins, we run them on our fleet of trucks. They make top quality tyres.

I`ll check them out...

Thanks again,

Brendan.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: