FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 28, 2024, 09:15:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: How to dismantle internal sun visors?  (Read 1455 times)
oldgrey58

Model: FE

South East Melbourne

View Profile
« on: February 07, 2024, 10:54:16 AM »

Could anyone assist to tell me how you take apart the internal sun visors including how the visor part is removed from the rod.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk
DougT

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2024, 12:55:42 PM »

I have recently had to do this. Firstly you will have to remove the bunding by cutting the stitching then the vinyl covering will be able to be removed. Inside you will find a masonite type board that is stapled to the metal sleeve that runs the length of the rod. I found the staples to be made of quite tough metal; however, I was able to straighten and reuse them in order to refix a replacement board (old one had broken away from the sleeve). The sleeve is held in place by what I can only describe as an interference fit on the rod and should be able to be removed by rotating the rod while trying to pull it from the sleeve. Hope this helps Doug
oldgrey58

South East Melbourne

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2024, 10:36:16 PM »

Thanks Doug, much appreciated.

It also looks like the rods need to be ground down so that the chromed mounts can be removed and then the rods re-peened over to reinstall.
Jolls
nsw-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2024, 05:29:12 AM »

It also looks like the rods need to be ground down so that the chromed mounts can be removed and then the rods re-peened over to reinstall.

That is my understanding of how the mounts are removed. I have it on my list to do.

Cheers
Jolls

Cheers n Beers

Jolls
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: