FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 20, 2024, 07:41:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Replacing the Original Radio Speaker  (Read 2281 times)
oldgrey58

Model: FE

South East Melbourne

View Profile
« on: May 02, 2023, 08:53:47 PM »

Hi all,

I was wondering what others have done to replace the original radio speaker?

My radio has been rebuilt with AM/FM and Bluetooth and I am looking for a good speaker that will fit the centre dash grill where the original speaker was.

Thanks
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2023, 08:04:31 PM »
+1

In my modified FE back in the day I put a pair of 4" speakers side by side in behind the radio grille. You get the stereo content even if not exactly the stereo effect. (Not that there was any stereo in the original radio..)

Mount them on a piece of masonite, and tack a piece of thin black material over the front to obscure them if they're modern speakers that look garish through the grille.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
oldgrey58

South East Melbourne

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2023, 09:50:34 AM »

Hi RET and thank you.

I've found an item on ebay that has used your suggestion. I may go with that or make my own up.

Some time ago I purchased a retro sound 6"x9"dual cone speaker that fits the grill nicely but is too big for the dash. The dual 4" arrangement looks to be a winner for fit and sound quality.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: