FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:40:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Red Dust  (Read 2101 times)
Snoop

View Profile
« on: August 07, 2022, 08:01:26 PM »
+2

Hi members , I decided to do some preventative maintenance on the ute today, thought I would spray fish oil inside sub frame members, where possible. Started near spring hanger sub frame area but my little radial sprayer wouldn’t enter small drain hole. I started prodding around with coat hanger wire and after an hour and a half this is the result ! And it’s still coming out. Ute must have spent its life in the country.
2brite
wa-club

Cruizin's devine in a '59

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2022, 09:40:19 PM »

wow thats alot
Errol62
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2022, 10:45:31 PM »

My ute was the same. Came off a farm at Cowangie. Every box section was chockers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
surferboy
wa-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

10,000 POINTS !

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2022, 03:51:49 PM »

We had LOCUSTS !!!  ( After the Orange Nats and visiting Broken Hill 2010)

Cool Cool Cool

cruisin's great with a 58
my8thholden
nsw-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2022, 07:01:22 AM »

Pete ..I got a pile out of mine same places , dept of Ag in Orange said it is typical soil of the Milthorpe area near Orange where the car was supposed to come from originally ..Camerons Motors were the Holden dealers in the day , son of owner said our car is not in their records ,in the 1950's there were Holden dealers in many towns in Central west ..the old Ferropro kits you had to drill a hole in sills to get oil in and then put a rubber or plastic blanking plug in drill hole..Vern

these days i'm half as good for twice as long
Snoop

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2022, 06:18:20 PM »

Would be interesting to know were my ute grew up Vern the soil looks very fertile ,Ros is hopeful there will be more to put into our garden!!  When I was an apprentice carpenter many years ago my boss plugged up all his drain holes in his HR, including doors then  filled up with Fish oil and left it there for six months I imagine it was sloshing around as he drove around.That car didn’t rust out and you could see traces of fish oil coming out for years afterwards.

my8thholden
nsw-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2022, 07:22:10 AM »

When I was working on mine , with the strip it disc , I could smell fish oil occasionally , in my opinion it did what it was supposed to do ...Vern ..

these days i'm half as good for twice as long
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: