FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:46:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: NASCO door mirror  (Read 4300 times)
texmorton

View Profile
« on: February 02, 2022, 03:19:19 PM »

G'day,

Can someone post a picture of the original door mirror available through NASCO for an FE please and if the same mirror and stork was used through to EJ or EH (not sure there). Thanks, Al
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2022, 09:14:41 PM »

This is an original guard mirror that was on FC panelvan and Ute (this one has a different mirror head but stalk is original)

Not sure about FE door mirrors can check tomorrow

Errol62
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2022, 11:00:10 PM »

One for sale here Al. https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/busselton/auto-body-parts/holden-eh-side-mirrors/1288104407?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=ios_VIP&utm_medium=social&utm_source=com.apple.uikit.activity.copytopasteboard

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
texmorton

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2022, 09:10:43 AM »

Thanks fellas,

Those ones pictured are what I have I think, can anyone confirm that the same mirror and stork was used from FE through to EJ - EH maybe??

Al
Errol62
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2022, 04:18:24 PM »

I picked one of an eh ute many years ago but can’ guarantee. There was a later one that went through to LC Torana also found on an eh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2022, 09:19:23 PM »

This is an image of FE FC Ute & Van guard mirror, the Nasco mirror heads are similar to HD through to HG and were repoed by Rare Spares
Haven't been able to locate a definite correct door mirror but there are many Nasco & Wybroc types to suit

This a link to an old thread

http://fefcholden.org.au/forum/index.php?action=printpage;topic=883.0

FE_UTE
wa-club

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2022, 02:23:07 PM »

Heres a pic of an FE Ute external mirror...It has the part number 7384468 on the back as well as the NASCO Logo
The parts book shows for ute and van as well as showing the van did not have an interior mirror

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2022, 11:26:53 AM »

FE door mirror continued from FJ. I’m not sure how far it went along the model sequence but it is very identifiable with NASCO cast into the stalk. Quite rare

It was advertised in all the Holden publications through FE and FC
texmorton

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2022, 09:26:25 AM »

G'day again,

Earlier in the week I scored a left hand side external mirror stork off of a few wrecks I have been meaning to investigate, pretty happy with my find. Got it home and pulled out a complete mirror I recently picked up on Epay for my FE restoration and it is a left hand one as well which I had failed to notice when I bought it. All good as I have a number of right hand storks anyway, question is to mount the left had one on the door, is the placement / drilling the hole the same position as for the right hand side (as I have the installation instructions). thanks, Al

old-blu
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2022, 01:39:33 PM »

Here is a photo of HUBERT as I unloaded him. He sat for 28 years with a cracked head!  These Nasco Guard mirrors were fitted @ the dealership, prior to collection by the owner who drove the Panel Van back to Armidale, [observing correct "running-in" procedures].
   As I am not intending to continue with my Restorations, I had a number of items put aside, should I change my mind.  I will be offering these for sale as soon as I get my "priceless junk", back in place following our recent floods. Kevin.

6th, may 1958 "I was there".
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: