FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 20, 2024, 11:22:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: General Motors Holden body ID plate  (Read 2636 times)
hsv-001

View Profile
« on: April 21, 2021, 09:47:55 AM »

I know this has probably been covered many times ,but can I purchase and original General Motors Holden body ID plate blank . As most long term members will know I have a Holden built 48-51 L Model Vauxhall Caleche which has for many years run a series 1 V6 with auto and is registered through the ASRF. During Covid lockdown like many others I spent many hours thinking and working on my cars . I have decided to go for a more drivable set up with a more vintage [more original ] appearance . I am now running a 2.6 Mazda Bravo engine and 5 speed with a 308 diff on high profile 14" . I am now considering maybe leaving the ASRF and would like to remake the  Holden ID plate as the original has 3 drill holes in it . I don't think they are original . Also does anybody know where I can find information not in the workshop manual as to why these holes are in Style .....and Top..... . Just thought that may not be an accident when plating a convertible .
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2021, 11:49:21 AM »

I’m not aware of anyone making an early style plate repro. There was a guy on fb making the later one from FB onwards which would probably suit your purposes though.

Re the holes in the plate, can’t think why GMH a would drill holes in the plate, they would be more likely to put an X or something like that to signify not used.

I’m not familiar at all with Vauxhall though.

Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: