FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 20, 2024, 06:10:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Brake Shoes  (Read 1731 times)
JohnBM
wa-club

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: April 15, 2021, 06:52:25 PM »

Just a Quick one , are the brake shoes the same on the FE  front & back ? Cheers ,John .
ardiesse
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2021, 07:08:56 PM »

John,

Each wheel has a leading and trailing shoe.  They're different from each other.  But the leading shoe is the same front and rear, and the trailing shoe is the same front and rear.

Rob

Remember: if your Holden's not leaking oil, it doesn't have any.
JohnBM
wa-club

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2021, 08:01:38 PM »

Thanks Rob , yes I’m aware of the primary & secondary  lining lengths . I’ve been having a hell of a time with my front right brakes locking on particularly after a period of non use ,more so in the cooler weather .I’ve done everything . What ever you suggest it’s been done . The latest try is change brake drums over .right to left . It’s a long problem , it was there prior to Toowoomba: & Canberra . Refurbished wheel cylinders . Lines ok . Linings clean .& thickness correct . Always the R/H front . & savage locking on till a lot of running up & down the drive gets it right & fit for the road .   So linings correct length the shoes are all ok front or back .I’m so desperate I’ve picked up front & back shoes with linings from Brakebonders with correct thickness linings matching my drums . There no = N1175  cheers John
JohnBM
wa-club

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2021, 05:11:27 PM »

So as I mentioned earlier I changed the front brake drums over to opposite sides & haven’t driven the car for several days & the cooler weather is starting . a sure fire recipe to lock up the front r/h brake . At first touch of the brake pedal . Surprisingly they worked perfectly. I’ve done everything except change the drums over to date  , it will take a lot more good first starts to convince me that was the problem& why . Cheers ,John
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: