FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
August 01, 2021, 04:52:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Engine Freshen Up to this ........  (Read 8537 times)
ardiesse
nsw-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 03, 2021, 09:33:42 AM »

Rod,

You're thinking of the outer pivot seals?  Best to re-use your old ones, if you're not replacing the pivots.  I haven't tried to buy the seals on their own.

Rob

Remember: if your Holden's not leaking oil, it doesn't have any.
Rod

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 08, 2021, 11:24:22 PM »

Thanks Rob. I think I might be able to find enough seals in my collection. I have purchased 3/4 Heater Hose and will make some inner seals up over the weekend.

In the mean time I have got slightly side tracked. Took the covers off the front seat as they need some minor repairs, Mainly the hold down points of the fabric have decayed. Looks like it has been caused by the surface rust on the metal retainers. There is also a couple of minor holes caused by the broken plastic side covers (which I removed some time ago).

The condition of the burlap and covering foam is quite remarkable. More than usable. With anticipation I found a number of surprises - 65 cents, plenty of confetti again and the winner - a 1948 Three Pence.

The "side springs" were gone as I suspected( a copy below of the passenger side for reference) on the drivers side.

In another thread last year I made mention of the differences between the FE and FC. (http://forum.fefcholden.club/index.php?topic=27783.msg175019#msg175019). Using the donor coil springs from the FC I placed these strategically on the FE frame. While there is a slight difference in their location compared to a photo of the FB / EK, I did so using one of the original mount points on the rail hence the second spring had to be in a slightly forward position. I had to weld and reinforce one side "rail / wire as it was broken before installing the springs.

Finished off reclipping burlap back in place in readiness to install the foam and covers once they are repaired.

The "firmness" on the drivers side is now as firm if not slightly firmer than the passenger side.

Have a ripper.

Cheers Rod
Errol62

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 09, 2021, 01:41:41 PM »

Great work Rod. I notice getting in and out of my ute how much of a hiding the springs get on the drivers side. Hard to imagine that they were an afterthought to FE as it were…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: