FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 04:13:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Go Fast Grey Gear Found  (Read 3320 times)
HARKO
« on: August 19, 2003, 10:33:16 AM »

All that go fast grey gear is out there ,But not for the taking.

Last Saturday whilst on a garage crawl with the local rodders we visited a guy who is not more than 2 minutes from here and is an absolute speedway nut.

He gave us the grand tour of what he is building at the moment (grey powered)
Then on to the BBQ area set in a 18th century bush style.
Then we moved into the back shed which had 3 sprinters all powered with hypo greys and by this stage lets just say I was a little wet and dreamy.
He then moved us into another shed which was a brilliant showroom complete with 6 more sprints all in immaculate condition with well known championship backgrounds and all but one had ball tearer greys in em, The other had a blown windsor bent 8 ofcourse.
The showroom had enough memorabilia to keep me looking for a few days at least ranging from gate signs of closed down tracks to admission price boards from the 70s to a couple of immaculately detailed greys,One with finned alloy rocker and side plates ,one with a crossflow head   Shocked
The liquior cabinet was an unbelievable work of art carved out of timber but never used for what it was destined for (6 feet under), The walls were lined with samples of track surfaces raced  on over the last 40 odd years of competition.
Man I was just blown away.
Stay tuned - in the next 2 months we are invited back for a BBQ with the Sprint clubs members and I will take a camera with me and snap a few priceless shots so we all can drool and bitch some.
Also (Mr X) mentioned there will be a static display and some racing at a club run including many many more hot grey powered sprinters in sydney soon which could be an excelent club run for us guys n gals here in NSW I will get the details if there is some interest....
Lets face it who doesnt want to hear a healthy heavy breathin angry grey singing rock n roll for five or six laps of the dirt and mud on a sunday......   (To be continued)
Jonesy

6ers for Racing & V8s are for towing

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2003, 10:03:41 AM »

Sounds great and I cannt wait to hear some more info on those Go Fast Ball Tearing Greys.
Smiley Smiley Smiley
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2003, 11:33:54 AM »

I'm IN.
Regards
Alex

fastjbav6
wa-club

OK start her up !

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2003, 12:59:51 PM »

Looking forward to seeing the photo's. See if u can take a photo of a Canadian Block, I'm SURE one of those Sprinter's has one fitted. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin.
Could'nt let that one go by. Wink :-/ Lips sealed

Regards      Seb  Smiley

Yellow Knight

4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2003, 05:04:54 AM »

Hi Harko.
Looking forwaard to those shots. Man, sounds like Grey heaven. Remeber to see if there is a "Canadian" block. I have that reward ready to go.
Regards,
Rob J

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
tmudie

Back on the road again

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2003, 07:11:28 AM »

what's the go on the Canadian block, are they hard to get?

Tony

I hope I wear as well as my FC Holden
HARKO
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2003, 08:51:28 AM »

From my knowledge Tony - Exceptionally hard to smoke out a virgin bore canadian  Tongue.
Will keep you guys posted when I have some more photo's,  (Drool ruins keyboards)  remeber that !
slim
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Ring 0420768346 for genuine FE/FC parts.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2003, 08:59:20 AM »

Harko , Can you take me with you . I Promise I will behave like a Gentleman.

Im located at Liverpool, NSW
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2003, 02:29:48 AM »

what's the go on the Canadian block, are they hard to get?

Tony

Tony,

That's a piss-take, right?  They are exceptionally hard to get, a bit like hens' teeth, rocking-horse sh!t and so on.  They'd be easier to track down if they actually existed. Roll Eyes

There's a thread on the General Board called "Grey Motor info" that discusses this very topic.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: