FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 04:11:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: horn button fc ???  (Read 6624 times)
David scud
« on: August 19, 2003, 01:40:05 AM »

I have a horn button and am trying to work out what its off of. FC style and size however the centre triangle that incorporates the holden lion is blue instead of gold. Any help appreciated. Huh
slim
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Ring 0420768346 for genuine FE/FC parts.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2003, 02:18:01 AM »

I have seen them  in Blue , silver and Gold.

Im located at Liverpool, NSW
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2003, 03:05:50 AM »

& Green, too!!
FC is what it is off.
Rob J

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
craiga
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2003, 03:18:30 AM »

Rob,

I have seen the all the types Slim has mentioned, but never a green one.

Is there a specific type for each model or factory? You would expect that there were different suppliers as GMH did this for other parts as well, but did those different suppliers only work with one plant, or multiples, or only in certain time periods?

I had a blue centered unit on my November 59 FC (highly likely original) but was lucky to find a Gold centred one at a swap meet last year in very very good condition - and for only $10.00  Smiley. Were Gold ones fitted to FC's? Other people have assured me that my  Gold one was originally Blue, and that the Blue centre must have faded.

Someone tell us all the facts!!! Shocked Shocked

Cheers,

Craig.
fe2ek
vic-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2003, 06:27:24 AM »

Could it be an EK one
Regards Geoff
robbzfc58
Guru

Gone but not forgotten.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2003, 08:01:59 AM »

hi guys      fb has blue stars     ek green stars
      is that correct
i have 2 fe-fc horn centres  1 gold    i blue
      cheers trev

robbzfc58
RIP Trevor Robb: a good mate to all on the FE-FC Forum
Emu

Emu's Ashes pic - Aussies 5-0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2003, 09:06:59 AM »

I had a badly damaged blue one on my November 59 wagon. I'm pretty sure it would have been the orig.  I replaced it with a nice gold one I got from Slim.

I'd like to get a Blue one if in fact that is the original.

anyone?

Matt
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2003, 10:13:25 AM »

Both FE and FC sales brochures show blue centred badges, although many cars have gold or silver badges. I have also seen green and violet and brown .
The blue certainly does fade out with sunlight but many of the gold and silver badges are in mint condition so not likely to be faded blue ones.

It is possible that the different coloured badges were done for the 1959 release or maybe for the November 1958 - 10th anniversary or maybe for the release of the 3rd model FC - maybe for all of these occasions.

The one thing I dont have is any GMH literature about the coloured badges - and without original letters etc, then it is very hard to be specific about what went on what car.  However I believe that all the different coloured badges are all genuine and certainly came out on factory cars.
One thing I have noticed is that all Genuine NOS buttons I have seen (ie - where it is 100% proven that the badge is brand new) are all blue centre.
Ken
Tailshaft_Tim
act-club

Model: FC

Holden Heaven

holdenorgau holdenorgau
View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2003, 10:35:41 AM »

G'day Guys

Interesting debate, all I can add is that I actually have a green one I got from John Wanner to go with my green car...  its in mint condition, but it may have been restored at some time.

Cheers, Tim.

FE-HR Holden Owners Club ACT | http://www.oldgmh.org.au
Holden Heaven | Holden Enthusiasts Community | http://www.holden.org.au
Winnebago Baby | http://www.winnebagobaby.com
Facebook | http://www.facebook.com/holden.org.au
gp
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2003, 07:27:01 PM »

G'day everyone,
I'd have to agree with Ken. There doesn't seem to be any literature around to confirm or deny the colours. I have also had a NOS one which was blue.

Cheers,

Graham
slim
Guru

Ring 0420768346 for genuine FE/FC parts.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2003, 08:19:49 PM »

I bought A NOS FC horn button recently and as Ken says ITs Blue and NEW.Though the other coloured ones I have seen , definately were originals also . Arent we lucky we have several colours to choose from. I personally prefer the Gold centre, But thats just personal preference.I have sifted threw my sales stuff also and it doesnt help. So still no Clarification. Sorry.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2003, 08:20:58 PM by slim » Logged

Im located at Liverpool, NSW
fastjbav6
wa-club

OK start her up !

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2003, 12:49:53 PM »

I was told gold for FE & blue for FC. Never seen  Cool or heard of other colours b4. Can any one post photo's on the Forum? I'd like to see the other colours.            Could there have been a colour for each different body type or model.                                                         Here's a WILD guess,  Roll Eyes  could the colours represent the birthstone gems for each month of the year?
Then again, the gem for May is Emerald, which is green, which i've never seen on an FC, the characteristic of  Emerald is love, and i love Kiss the FC. Cheesy Grin.
Still, it would be great if we why the different colours? Huh Roll Eyes Tongue :-/.        Regards    Seb Smiley

Yellow Knight

RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2003, 02:37:41 AM »

All FE and FC Holden brochures show the horn-button as being blue.  I don't know why there are a tiny number of green ones, perhaps it was something that Holden tinkered with.  "Blue and Green should never be seen, Without a Colour In-Between" and all that. Wink  Then again, maybe it was a bad batch of blue that turned out greenish.

I believe all the gold and silver ones around these days have simply had the blue colour fade out of them.  Just like the FE bonnet button, I've never heard anyone suggest they were made in any other colour than red/gold/blue, but when they've seen a bit of sun, the blue goes first, then the gold, then the red.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2003, 10:24:55 PM »

The one on the FC I got off Brads59 has a Silver Lion with blue stars, is this what the others are like or is this another variation?

ACE
Guru

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2003, 10:41:00 PM »

Tailshaft_Tim
I'd like to see a pic of the Green horn button if possible as i have never seen one this colour.
Stinky,
Have you got a FB-EK horn button on your FC?
FE-FC horn buttons don't have stars!
Regards ACE Cheesy
robbzfc58
Guru

Gone but not forgotten.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2003, 02:12:28 AM »

my fb is as you described  stinky
afaik ek has green stars   blue (fb?)definately seems harder to find
« Last Edit: August 22, 2003, 02:14:57 AM by robbzfc58 » Logged

robbzfc58
RIP Trevor Robb: a good mate to all on the FE-FC Forum