FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:59:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Car Eldred Norman built  (Read 7467 times)
FE_UTE
wa-club

Model: FE and FC

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« on: January 13, 2016, 11:02:06 PM »

The 1951 Australian Grand Prix was held in the SW town of Narrogin. Town Population at that time was just over 900. For the Grand Prix 35000 turned up.

The start finish line was in Clayton Road. One side of the street was houses and the other there was the pits and one house. The greenkeepers house. My grandfather was the greenkeeper. My parents were down for the weekend ...took a couple of fence pales off and walked into the pits. They took 7 pics of the cars in he pits and going to the start line. No. 10 was the car that Eldred Norman built & raced with two V8's in tandem. It was constructed on a truck chassis and wheels and had water cooled brakes. On the front of the car it has a badge V16 and all the hubs have the same.
It was sold to a Perth car dealer and racer Syd Anderson who went on to race it around the traps and in singapore

DJ
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 12:52:16 AM »

That would be frightening to drive at speeds I image it was capable of.

Dave
0417 270 315
Harv
Guru

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 07:55:55 AM »

G'day FE_Ute

That vehicle is the Double Eight. Lots more info in the Eldred anecdote on my Norman thread here:
http://forum.fefcholden.club/index.php?topic=23061.220

For some reason I cant see the pictures in your post (could be my crappy internet). I'd love to lay my hands on a copy of the pictures for my Norman research. Please PM me if you would be willing to scan and email me a copy.

Cheers,
Harv
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: