FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 20, 2024, 11:50:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Sad end for an FE  (Read 20872 times)
FE_UTE
wa-club

Model: FE and FC

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« on: November 03, 2015, 08:12:21 PM »

One of our members got hold of this old girl...had been left out in the weather to die slowly
Having a close look it seems to be a low mileage one. It has original tin pots , original plug leads with a ring around them, the seats look like they haven't done much work and the steering wheel is hardly worn, although someone has tried to get it off with a hammer and damaged it. Its a shame it wasn't found earlier or put in a shed
Cant find a chassis no as both inner guards are pitted with rust
Engine number is close to my ute L422766 and the sedan is L422109

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 09:28:02 PM »

Yes it does look very original. Not a bad pick up though. Two sets of venetians in the back of the car.
Date of the car is december 1957 to January 1958. Very nice colour of Turquoise over Castle Grey.
Ken
collecta
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2015, 01:15:01 PM »

Hey Gary, what are his plans for it, parting out? Are there any pictures of where it was found, love collecting pics of abandoned ones.
cheers
Scott

i collect old holdens coz they never die!
FE_UTE
wa-club

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2015, 01:24:56 PM »

G'day scott

Yep parting it out

one bloke is taking the engine and drive line, another will be cutting through the front for a wall hanging with a painted FC grill

I will be getting some of the bits left that they don't want...the radiator is original and looks very clean and the fins are still hard ,so will get a pressure test done on that

No pics from where it came from originally and it has been sitting in a back yard here in Perth for years

collecta
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2015, 03:01:46 PM »

So the guy cutting the front for a wall hanging and adding a painted FC grille wont be needing the FE bonnet ornament? Wink Cheesy

i collect old holdens coz they never die!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: