FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 28, 2024, 08:29:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: car rotisserie pivot point hight  (Read 5623 times)
GMHwagoon

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2015, 03:39:10 PM »

if someone out there has a fc sedan or wagon on a rotisserie at the moment can you give
    me the height at the pivot point on the end frame when the car has been turned on its side
     looking at the minimum hight l need to build rotisserie

thanks greg
rickjen
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 07:43:58 PM »

Hi Greg
I am not at home now, but tomorrow I will check mine, just built one myself for my wagon and will let you know. I attached the front to the bonnet hinges and the rear to the towbar location
regards
rick

rickjen
GMHwagoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 09:24:48 PM »

thanks rick
                  doing the same on my wagon   just need to know minimum distance from the
                  pivot point down
                  need to know how much swing l need to turn on side

thanks greg 

Crumpsnr

Shellharbour NSW

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 10:06:03 PM »

Sitting horizontally I can see that the centre of gravity might vary depending on whether the vehicle is right side up or not, but wouldn't the centre of gravity be the centreline of the vehicle when on its side? To my mind that'd mean the pivot point is the centre line of the car (ie straight down the middle of it as you stand in front with the vehicle horizontal), so your clearance would be half the width of the car plus a margin to clear the rail that I'm guessing will be connecting either end of the rotisserie (or am I missing something?).
My sedan is on a rotisserie so happy to measure it up if its's more complex than I thought and you need a measurement (just gotta clear out all the spare parts first!) Martyn
GMHwagoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2015, 07:46:32 AM »

thanks martyn

making the posts for both ends , need to know the minimum  hight to the pivot point on the posts
           so l have enough swing to turn car on its  side

greg
rickjen
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2015, 09:46:48 AM »

hi greg
just measured my set up. I made mine adjustable ( height wise). I measured 170cm across the width of the chassis therefore I needed a minimum of 90cm from the pivot point. I made my posts 1 mtr long as was able to lock in at 90cm at the front and 70cm at the back so that the car body could rotate freely (360 deg) and be 100% level. Just cleared my rotisserie bottom brace between the 2 engine mounts that I used. I also had to concern myself with the clearance of my roof beams in the old shed.
Hope this all helps
regards
rick

rickjen
GMHwagoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2015, 12:27:33 PM »

thanks rick
                  great help will use that as a guide  see how we go
                  am also going to have at least an other 400mm  of adjustment in it

greg
camxsmith

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2015, 11:35:00 PM »

Hi Greg Im interested in how you went with you rotisserie..  Special with the measurements and position you find it to be balanced. I'm in the middle of making my own rotisserie and some pics or measurements would be helpful.   Smiley
GMHwagoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2015, 06:34:44 AM »

cam
           happy for you to come down and have a look
           have got the end posts almost done    working  on the pivot points at the moment
           a few ideas on adjusting the contact areas to work out the best swing

greg

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: