FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:55:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Seeking information on Wray superchargers  (Read 3576 times)
Harv
Guru

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« on: September 21, 2015, 05:45:58 PM »

Ladies and gents,

My ongoing interest in Norman superchargers lead me to write an anecdote recently about Eldred Norman (with thanks to many on the forum for their help – see http://forums.autosport.com/topic/193550-draft-eldred-norman-anecdote/). The era has tickled my curiosity, and I am in the process of gathering material to write a similar anecdote about the Wray supercharger (and J.G. Wray). It’s early days, and I have little information to hand on either the man or his machines. The illustrious Mike McInerney is already on the trail for me (with thanks Mike).

Appreciate any information (or sources) the forum may have to offer.

Cheers,
Harv
Harv
Guru

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 07:02:18 PM »

Quick update - the Wray supercharger anecdote is coming along well, and running to about 40 A4 pages. I've managed to locate quite a few former (and current) owners of Wray-blown equipment, along with a decent amount of the history (including the second generation of Wrays that were built by a new owner of the tooling... some pretty cool stuff). Lots of photos, and some interesting stories.

Hoping to have the anecdote wrapped up in about a fortnight, and will publish here. If anyone has any more info on Wrays, I'd love to see it.

Cheers,
Harv
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: