FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:27:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Legal rim size in Vic  (Read 5308 times)
Rodger

View Profile
« on: August 23, 2015, 08:29:49 PM »

Hello, I have a wonderful set of old school drag mags on my FC.  The front is 6 x 13 and the rears 7 x 14 (old holden stud pattern).  The tyres are 185/80/13 and 215/70/14 Maxxi Whitewalls.  Just had it registered in WA and now suddenly in Vic and it seems a thousand dollars wasted on new tyres plus my mags need to go west!

It seems that all rims need to be the same diameter, but what about the width? Supposedly. by my homework. one inch extra is ok but that makes only 5.5" and I see a lot of wider wheels about on the streets.  The track is wider than spec expectation too, not by much on the front but on the back by some. I'd be prepared to to have the rims properly doctored for track but the two different diameters seems to make keeping the set together unlikely.  Any ideas?

I am looking at club rego so I realise that causes me to be even more responsible about standards.

Thank you 
REDMR2RED
vic-club

Model: FC

FC Ute's d'best

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 09:28:51 PM »

https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/~/media/files/documents/safety-and-road-rules/vsi33_guidelines_for_modifications_to_cps_vehicles.ashx?la=en

1959 FC Holden Ute
REDMR2RED
vic-club

FC Ute's d'best

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 09:32:09 PM »

VSI 8 section 13.3.2

https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/~/media/files/documents/safety-and-road-rules/vsinumber8guidetomodificationsformotorvehicles.ashx?la=en

1959 FC Holden Ute
DJ
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 10:56:01 PM »

I'm not from Vic & the local club members who are on here would be able to guide you best.

My situation differed but I dealt with a Vic business when considering altering some standard rims & having them chromed.
I found them happy to share their 45+ years of knowledge to provide sound advice. They would do anything I wanted I guess but were genuinely interested in doing it right.
So, if you do need rim mods/advice on options, I can recommend Ajax Motor Wheels Pty Ltd above the others I contacted around the country.
(in my case they ended up finding newly manufactured chromed rims that were compliant & correctly matched to standard drums)

Auto Wheel Experts Modification, Repair, New, Chrome, Steel & Alloy.
Cnr Exley Drv & Ewar st, Moorabbin.
(03) 9555 7737
http://www.ajaxwheels.com.au/

Dave
0417 270 315
59wagon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2015, 11:52:06 PM »

I'm not from Vic & the local club members who are on here would be able to guide you best.

My situation differed but I dealt with a Vic business when considering altering some standard rims & having them chromed.
I found them happy to share their 45+ years of knowledge to provide sound advice. They would do anything I wanted I guess but were genuinely interested in doing it right.
So, if you do need rim mods/advice on options, I can recommend Ajax Motor Wheels Pty Ltd above the others I contacted around the country.
(in my case they ended up finding newly manufactured chromed rims that were compliant & correctly matched to standard drums)

Auto Wheel Experts Modification, Repair, New, Chrome, Steel & Alloy.
Cnr Exley Drv & Ewar st, Moorabbin.
(03) 9555 7737
http://www.ajaxwheels.com.au/

Hi Guys, apparently Ajax shut down earlier this year.  Unfortunate, as they had a very good reputation.

Cheers,

John
DJ
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2015, 09:12:28 AM »

That's a bit sad.

Dave
0417 270 315
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print