FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 20, 2024, 02:40:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Queensland Holden Restorers - Dalby QLD  (Read 3564 times)
tonymudie@hotmail.com
« on: October 25, 2000, 01:00:00 PM »

Hi All,  
I'm having a FC Ute restored by Queensland Holden Restorers. I'm getting a little nervous as I haven't actually been up there since the project started, I'm not getting much service, and they already have my hard earned cash in their pocket. Has anybody had any dealings with them and give me some feedback (positive or negative). thanks

steve   
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2000, 01:00:00 PM »

i sent emails asking for prices on various parts about a month ago       still waiting for a reply
Carla    
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2000, 01:00:00 PM »

Tony, I had the same problem as Steve.  I emailed the guy asking some follow-up questions after I spoke to him and I haven't heard back ( and that was about 3 months ago).  But I have spoken to Allan, the main guy, he seemed nice, but a little short.
Hope things turn out well, Carla
tonymudie@hotmail.com
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2000, 01:00:00 PM »

thanks, any feedback helps.
tonymudie@hotmail.com
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2000, 01:00:00 PM »

thanks, any feedback helps
chris stokes
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2001, 11:47:10 AM »

Tony

Your situation makes feel quite nervous. Personally I would be over there tomorrow with your workplan and a time table and get some things straight. The more attention you pay to the project , I GUARANTEE so will they. Have yourself , or a trusted freind visit the shop say, once a week to make sure progress is on time .

Owning and driving a freshly restored FC around your hometown is a very pleasant and proud experience, and ultimately the relative levels of workmanship and attention to detail used in restoration directly affect the cars quality etc.

You really need to take control of these factors so your FC turns out as best it can be for the level of restoration.

I can tell you a story about my on sedan that took three years to build. I had completely stripped to bare metal the entire car, removed and blasted the k frame and firewall , welding..... the works. I had a really skillful mate who was an expert showcar type painter who guided me through every thing to get ready for a two tone ,two pack,paint job.

We took it to a place that had the special booth to paint in and had them  to put the colour on. Five days says the shop owner, anyway a month later I get a nasty paint job that ends up causing all sorts of problems. Anyway he goes broke , I take him to small claims court , I win the case ,he doesnt even show up, bailiff shows up at his home with an order and everything was ,his wifes,on loan or personal effects.

Now I have a really mechanically sound and sorted FC that goes nicely ,doesnt rattle squeak or have annoying things that leak or dont wind up or leak ,with quality everything...except it looks fabulous from a distance , and if I could get my wife drunk to write a another cheque for one of my toys , I,d get it repainted tomorrow and feel finally satisfied with the car.

I hope that doesnt sound to weird tony , but I have had a bad  experience and just trying to give some feedback.
chris stokes
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2001, 11:50:41 AM »

Tony

Your situation makes feel quite nervous. Personally I would be over there tomorrow with your workplan and a time table and get some things straight. The more attention you pay to the project , I GUARANTEE so will they. Have yourself , or a trusted freind visit the shop say, once a week to make sure progress is on time .

Owning and driving a freshly restored FC around your hometown is a very pleasant and proud experience, and ultimately the relative levels of workmanship and attention to detail used in restoration directly affect the cars quality etc.

You really need to take control of these factors so your FC turns out as best it can be for the level of restoration.

I can tell you a story about my on sedan that took three years to build. I had completely stripped to bare metal the entire car, removed and blasted the k frame and firewall , welding..... the works. I had a really skillful mate who was an expert showcar type painter who guided me through every thing to get ready for a two tone ,two pack,paint job.

We took it to a place that had the special booth to paint in and had them  to put the colour on. Five days says the shop owner, anyway a month later I get a nasty paint job that ends up causing all sorts of problems. Anyway he goes broke , I take him to small claims court , I win the case ,he doesnt even show up, bailiff shows up at his home with an order and everything was ,his wifes,on loan or personal effects.

Now I have a really mechanically sound and sorted FC that goes nicely ,doesnt rattle squeak or have annoying things that leak or dont wind up or leak ,with quality everything...except it looks fabulous from a distance , and if I could get my wife drunk to write a another cheque for one of my toys , I,d get it repainted tomorrow and feel finally satisfied with the car.

I hope that doesnt sound to weird tony , but I have had a bad  experience and just trying to give some feedback.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: