FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 28, 2024, 01:53:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Restoration / Panel Beaters in Victoria / Melbourne  (Read 3978 times)
Frankiej

Model: other Holden

Frankies restorations
View Profile
« on: November 18, 2014, 08:37:29 PM »

Hi everyone this is Frankie from Frankie's Restorations in warracknabeal country victoria, I currently only restore old cars I don't do much smash work anymore because I don't like the way the industry is heading, so I'm old school,with old school ways and a touch of the now as well.
I have a massive passion for old cars and I appreciate a nice car, so it doesn't matter what's make or model.
I am currently modifying an fe but my history goes back to the fj, I have a vast knowledge of the fx and fj and have just about done it all with theses cars.
I have built two fj limousines and carried out all the bodywork on the number one holden in Canberra, my page in Facebook has lots of project photos that I have done for many customers with Awsome results.
My qualifications are spray painting and panel beating, yes I have both trade certificates a one stop shop.
Look me up and have a chat for an estimate or just a chat.

Cheers Frankiej.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 01:32:23 PM by stinky » Logged
Frankiej

Frankies restorations
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 07:47:25 AM »

If anyone has been to the Canberra museum were the number one holden is on show they will notice how good the gaps and body is, well that's one of the jobs I did back in 1999 and I am also on the DVD for the buildup of that very car, it was narrated by Mark Scaife if anyone has seen it I'm the guy with the goatee lol.
Also the Hugh's brothers are very good friends of mine but sadly we have lost one of them, they are the founders of Rare Spares way back when it all started, and when they had there museum I carried out many jobs for them.
I build a stretched FJ Holden in the 90's for myself and took out most trophies at many shows with that car and the guy that bought it from me wanted me to build him another one, so I believe there is 5 in Australia and I claim to have built two of them.
That's just a bit of insight to what I have done in the past and if I can help with any advise then please fell free to contact me.
Cheers Frankiej.
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 05:25:41 PM »

Without wishing to hijack your thread, I think you will find that Dave Ryan and Dave Rayner started Rare Spares with Les McVeigh coming in pretty early as well.
The Hughes Bros had a large supply of NOS parts which they sold at their Bayswater shop/museum before moving to Echuca pottery.

Ken
Rod

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 08:49:56 PM »

Hi Ken,

When you say Echuca Pottery are you being cryptic? Were they not at Bendigo Pottery before moving to Echuca? I remember visiting the museum at Bendigo over 20 years ago? Was the Bendigo Museum different to the one at Echuca.

Cheers

Rod
Frankiej

Frankies restorations
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 08:54:33 PM »

My apologies ken you are right they did sell them that way and we used to call them rare spares Alex and david Hugh's that is lol it was an in thing back then so my bad I forgot, they would ring me and tell me they were coming for a visit to my shop in seaford in the early days and we used to say rare spares are on there way for a visit haha.
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2014, 09:37:05 PM »

No problems Frankie,

yep Bendigo pottery Rod, not cryptic, just dumb.  there was somewhere else wasn't there ?   And then Echuca?

Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: