FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:04:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: WANTED Vintage caravan  (Read 44546 times)
Stewy
sa-club

Model: FE

FErgus 1957 FE Special Station Sedan

Jeff Stewart
View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2014, 07:24:52 PM »

Looks like 15" FX/FJ rim.

Cheers Stewy  Cool

No matter how much you push the envelope, It'll still be stationery
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2014, 07:36:03 PM »

Bought ht pattern for if I ever go 13 inch rims and re indexed on the mill to fj pattern as the tyres are excellent and the fx hubcaps are mint.

Ole

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2014, 09:59:47 PM »

Gee, you don't do things by halves do you Pete! Good to see you getting some of your own stuff done. Awesome work.

Adelaide SA
FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2014, 10:10:12 PM »

I ddidn't paint the axle ends either their protective plastic doo dads I took them off after painting.

fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2014, 11:03:15 AM »

With the old one, are you keeping it or tossing it. I'm sure a caravan enthusiast might like an original. I like the colour of the rim. Would look nice with Breton blue on a fe.

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2014, 06:28:59 PM »

So the final verdict for anyone contemplaiting doing a brake conversion worth every cent.
Wow what a difference took a few stops to settle in and you can overide the controller to add more force its so smooth pulling up now not unsettled at all.

I have found 2 little problems diff noise thru the body as i have lowering blocks in the rear and no insulator just alloy onto the spring so will get re set springs and  do it properly.
I also need to tow with the sway bars to settle it down at speed and may fit a set of air shocks to bring the back up a little it sits very well on the road tho.

fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2014, 07:10:21 PM »

The slotted bars with the big loop are simple and easy. Slots are 90 degrees. The bars will make a huge difference. You will never go back to anything else after having decent electric brakes. I got new 1 inch lowered rear springs for the taxi at "industrial springs" in radelaide. Looks so nice the new spring pack. Pete these are ideal. Push the loop end down from top at equal angle to rear bumper, then they swing around onto the bracket. When heavily loaded you use 2 but a van like yours probably 1. U move the caravan bracket end to adjust the leverage. Simple.
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/ningi/accessories/caravan-levelling-bars-with-tow-hitch/1062367733

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: