FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 20, 2024, 05:01:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FE Brake Booster options  (Read 2380 times)
FC-V8

Model: FC

Not enough hours in the day

View Profile
« on: October 16, 2000, 01:00:00 PM »

Is there a known "easy fit" firewall mounted brake booster for the FE/c Holden. I have started work on fitting a LC/J Torana booster to the firewall and I can see a couple of problems, has anyone done a conversion like this? Any advice before I start drilling and cutting the firewall. Thanks.

What it to rev ? install a CHEV !
0401-065-201
FEV008
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2000, 01:00:00 PM »

Hey Glenn,
I put a HK twin circuit booster in my FE.  fits like it was facotry!, all you have to do is cut and reweld the brace that attaches to the engine bay walwall, and from memory drill a hole here and there.  i think the pushrod was adapted from HK end and stocky pushrod.. its pretty easy good luck..  Ive seen the LJ booster before and it had a sort of cam on it that allowed the pushrod to push properly.. looked ghastly but was effective.  100 points for the guy that had the patience.
FEV008
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2000, 01:00:00 PM »

Hey Glenn,
I put a HK twin circuit booster in my FE.  fits like it was facotry!, all you have to do is cut and reweld the brace that attaches to the engine bay walwall, and from memory drill a hole here and there.  i think the pushrod was adapted from HK end and stocky pushrod.. its pretty easy good luck..  Ive seen the LJ booster before and it had a sort of cam on it that allowed the pushrod to push properly.. looked ghastly but was effective.  100 points for the guy that had the patience.
FC-V8

Model: FC

Not enough hours in the day

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2000, 01:00:00 PM »

I take it you mean that the LJ setup used the original bracket and linkages for the firewall? I am attaching the booster direct to the firewall with the pedal/pushrod connecting direct to the booster. If I am not mistaken the HK booster should be very similar if not the same as an LC/J booster. Looks like I am on the right track anyway. Thanks.

What it to rev ? install a CHEV !
0401-065-201
chris stokes
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2001, 01:44:06 PM »

I fitted a vacuum booster to my 58 FC sedan, however , I retained the original master cylinder. The booster is a PBR 40 something and is mounted down in the lower right hand inner guard. It was a VERY simple install with no cutting or welding to satisfy the originality freaks, easy access for maintenance and is easy on the eye. It operates simply as a slave to the master cylider. Probably the only tricky bit is making up the two flared lines , otherwise ring enzed~!~~
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: