FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:22:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 1957 FE V8 Very Special Sedan For Sale.  (Read 10993 times)
jwm

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: June 25, 2014, 11:56:09 AM »

Reluctantly I have decided to sell my FE Special Sedan, I've owned it less than 2 years but I wanted a more traditional Hot Rod, which I have now purchased, so the wife says it has to go (to many toys). This is a very reluctant sale, my thoughts are, 'you can never have to many toys'.

The vehicle is as follows:

1957 FE Special Sedan, it's clean straight and rust free.

305 Chevrolet v8, professionally built by Shane's Race Engines, Wollongong, It's running a mild cam, 307 heads, 600 Holley and extractors. Dyno figures give it a 140hp at rear wheels.

T350 Gear Box (Reconditioned) with a 1500 stall, floor shift.

HK Monaro (shortened) rear end, 3.55 Salisbury differential (I'm told that these are as scarce as rocking horse shit).

HR front end, LJ Torana column, obviously – rack and pinion steering.

Front Brakes:  P76 rotors, HZ calipers/ VN Booster.

Rear Brakes Brakes: HK Monaro Drums.

Hadfield Chasis Kit.

Pedders Suspension.

60lt polished stainless steel custom fuel tank, in original position and calibrated to original petrol gauge.

15 inch wheels, Ford bolt pattern.

Front Tyres: 205/60/R15 GT Radials (90%)

Rear Tyres: 225/60/R15 GT Radials (90%)

Fully Engineered in NSW

Full NSW Registration, expires April 2015.

Normal Instrumentation  + tachometer, oil pressure, water temperature, gauges, wood rimmed steering wheel.

This car was built and Engineered in 2006 but has not seen much daylight or traveled many miles since that time. I have probably traveled less than 1000kms in the 2 years that I have owned the vehicle and the previous owner of 5 years would have traveled similar miles.

The car is a joy to drive and steers and brakes exceptionally well. The interior has been re trimmed.

From the best of my knowledge, the car has most or all of the original FE trim. This is not a show car but presents exceptionally well and gets attention whenever I take her.

I must admit that I am feeling my way a bit with the value of car but at the present moment I thought I would start out with an asking price of $30,000.00  ONO.

Contact John through the web site or on 0409121482.

I would rather see this vehicle go to an enthusiast who will appreciate it, so at this time, I have not advertised the car elsewhere.

jwm

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 11:58:16 AM »

jwm

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 11:59:25 AM »

jwm

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 01:59:31 PM »

I'm happy to hear peoples thoughts on the car and the price. As I indicated, I'm feeling my way, price wise.
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

Model: FC

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 02:20:04 PM »

Sweet FE, John.

The question is, "where do you find a V8-powered FE Holden in reasonable condition, with the work already completed, engineered and registered?" Of course, buying a completed car is always going to be cheaper than building one yourself. I'd suggest that what you're asking is about right given what I have spent building my 202 powered FC, but of course, an item is only worth what someone else is willing to pay.

Is this sale a matter of life and death, so to speak (although I'm sure your wife feels this could be the case), or are you in a position to test the waters and keep the car for sale until you find a buyer that agrees with your assessment of the cars value? They are my thoughts.

Best of luck.

Regards,

Josh.
old-blu
nsw-club

Model: FE and FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 06:30:50 PM »

Hi John.  Having built a number of these cars, I know that your vehicle could not be built today for your asking price. I am assuming the Paint-n-Panel has been properly done. The mechanicals alone together with the Engineer's Certificate are worth the Price. Good Luck with your Sale.   Cheers old-blu.

6th, may 1958 "I was there".
ekute

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2014, 08:11:02 PM »

Gidday John I sold my engineered 308/trimatic/9" EK ute for $19k nearly 6 years ago.I think you are asking ball park figures for yours.Mine cost me more than $19k (but not after I claimed all costs as a work vehicle-fully logbooked!)

I would be tempted to look at the price you're asking but I can't drive 3 cars and ride a motorbike often enough now to justify another one!
jfk

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2014, 11:50:54 PM »

Hi

I'd love it too, but the Toy Box is full.

My V6 FC owes me more than that, so you are definitely around the money.

Looks like an interesting ride and I'm sure it will go to a good home.

Cheers

JFK
jwm

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2014, 01:30:47 PM »

Thanks for the input guys, I'll probably put it on Gumtree in the next couple of days. I'm definitely in no hurry to move it. You never know your luck, the longer it's around the more time I have to sweet talk the wife into letting it stay.
jwm

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2014, 08:53:31 AM »

Just back from a quick 3 week trip to NZ and have been checking the vehicle records that I maintain. The poor old FE has only moved about 3 times in the last 4 months and  those 3 occasions were just 3 short  trips around the block to give it a run. While I really love the car, I do have a 'use it or move it philosophy', so it needs to go to a good home where it will be used and appreciated.

On that basis, I am about to re list it on Gumtree for around $27000.00. But as I said, it needs a new home and on that basis I am prepared to consider all genuine, reasonable offers. 
jwm

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2014, 02:21:58 PM »

Sold Sold Sold.

New owner pick her up this morning.Vehicle now residing in the Kurrarong area, North Western Sydney.
fe350chev
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2014, 06:08:56 PM »

Good news for you. It's good that you gave forum members the heads up. I hope its gone to a good home.

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: