FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 12:46:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Where to buy seat belts.  (Read 4963 times)
Fraze

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: April 24, 2014, 05:25:11 PM »

I have just purchased an FC Sedan and it doesn't have seat belts. I would prefer inertia reel type for the front and lap only for the back. Can anybody point me to a source in Melbourne? (that is someone with FC experience) Thanks, Fraze.
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 06:33:37 PM »

Bursons or Repco both sell universal sets of belts to suit either front or rear with or without reels.
Do you have experience putting them in?
There are quite a lot of important points to get right and a lot are shown in various build threads.
The mount for the reel at the base of the front seat has to be manufactured and the B pillar upper mount should be done with an inserted nut and plate.
Various regulations cover the size and shape of the backing plates as well.
Are you able to make it to the next Vic club meeting (2nd Tuesday night of the month) we could go through some of the details.

Ken
2door350

Model: FE

RAT 059

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 10:06:43 AM »

Seatbelt solutions in WA made mine, they can do any style or length and a range of colours.  They sent me sample material for colours and the service was very fast.
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 12:49:03 PM »

I'll be using Seatbelt Solutions too. From memory, I received a quote of roughly $500 for retractable lap-sash with airplane buckles for each corner of the car, plus a lap-belt for the centre rear.

From my experience, they are very happy to answer any seat-belt related questions.

My bank balance is still recovering from the rebuild, so it will be an 'in the distant future expense'.  Undecided Undecided Undecided
Fraze

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 01:15:14 PM »

Thanks for your info Ken. Fitting belts is not a problem for me, I guess I am too lazy to research the subject and was hoping someone had come up with a kit to suit. Unfortunately I wont be able to make the club meeting as I will be interstate then, Fraze   PS Thanks for the replies from WA but that is a long way from Melbourne
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 02:15:05 PM »

Fraze,

2Door350/179 and I are both in Tasmania. As you'll find out when you start your build, you may see yourself buying parts from all over Australia. 
FC_fer_me
vic-club

baby boomers luv FC's

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2014, 07:12:11 PM »

Hi Fraze, I got my seatbelts from Hemco in Ballarat. They were reasonably priced and very helpful staff. The website is  http://www.hemco.com.au/  Cheers, Jack
Harv
Guru

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2014, 06:58:14 AM »

Another vote for HEMCO. I've got them in both my earlies. Good service and good freight.

Do take Ken up on his kind offer of a talk-through the details... an hour spent doing so is priceless compared to the head-breaking of trying to translate VSB14 or the ADR. It really hurts having to weld over old seatbelt holes (and drill new ones) because the old ones don't comply. Even harder replacing the hood lining cause the old holes go through the trim.. don't ask me how I know.

Cheers,
Harv
FireKraka

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2014, 01:13:14 PM »

Hi Fraze;
Not sure where you are but my engineer here in WA has told me I have to have inertia seat belts on the outsides in the back so you should check regs where you are before you buy.
I purchased parcel shelf inertia's for the rear from Hemco and as the other guys said they were very helpful and reasonable price.
Good luck.
Regards
Neil H
Fraze

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2014, 11:11:32 AM »

All done. Bought a very nice set of lap sash front and lap only rear for the FC. I got them from AUTOLUXE in East Malvern, Vic. The webbing is a good match for the seat colour and they have Nasco buckles. I fitted them in a couple of hours - all happy now and I would recommend Autoluxe, very helpful and easy to deal with, Fraze
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: