FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 04:30:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: taxi handrail  (Read 16796 times)
hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2013, 09:38:10 AM »

I'm about 26 miles south , south west of Brisbane . The guy who can make these is about 2 miles down the road from me . We were talking about making them yesterday and he seemed to prefer to make them in stainless . The guy is a true tradesman and loves this sort of work . this is the guy I got to weld the aircon bracket for Waynes ute and he also did most of the rust removal . His idea is that he can produce the final product in ready to install condition rather than worry about rust in mild steel . But if there is enough interest in the uncoated mild steel ones I will try and convince him . I'll drop my rail around to him today and get a couple made up in stainless . Haydn
FC Holden 2104
sa-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2013, 12:45:45 PM »

I would also be keen on one Cool, are the able to be posted thought they might be a bit long.

South Australia
DJ
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2013, 01:01:14 PM »

A decent carrier company should be fine. I had some extractors & tailpipe shipped from Melbourne to Canberra without any issues. Aus Post freaked out though.

Dave
0417 270 315
ACE
Guru

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2013, 10:33:33 PM »

I'd be interested in 2 taxi handrails as long as they look like the original ones.
Stainless is O.K Smiley
ACE  Cool
roachy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2013, 02:14:37 PM »

Thanks Haydn for organizing your guy to do these taxi bars for members. Yep I think your right now about the S/S. I have been looking around at everything stainless and appears to be not much difference in appearance and of coarse the cost factor difference to Mild steel then (Chroming $) is huge I'm Sure.
Mmmmmmmmm what do the old experienced heads think.
Stainless Steel look over Chrome finish ?
I am still unsure best way to go the decision to install a taxi bar is huge I only want to do this if this will be a permanent fixture and as close as possible to an original look and installation.
I would very much appreciate other members opinion what they would do if considering a taxi bar.

Roachy.   
DJ
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2013, 02:32:32 PM »

I think it's only personal preference. One of the reasons I prefer stainless in this application is because the existing chrome in the car is not new. For me, a very shinny newly chromed taxi rail could look too much like a recent add on rather than compliment the existing interior.
Dave.

Dave
0417 270 315
DJ
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2014, 03:05:47 PM »

Haydn,
Just wondering if there were there any further plans made for production before the silly season started.
During discussion at a new year gathering I said I'd enquire about placing orders & the likely turnaround time.
I said I expected the guy would on a break now anyway & will probably have a full load for a while when he resumes.
Dave.

Dave
0417 270 315
hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2014, 03:16:08 PM »

I'll call around and see if the two I ordered are finished this week. Haydn
hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2014, 02:40:18 PM »

My manufacturer had trouble getting the end plugs . Hopefully I may have a solution though . This morning I went through our local hardware store looking for ideas [mates with the manager he has a EK] and found some 24mm chrome diecast steel cupboard  knobs . They look the part when I dropped them onto the pipe ends, so I took them around this morning .Now I have a job fitting cv's to his daughters Nissan . Haydn
DJ
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2014, 08:51:56 PM »

Sounds ideal.

Dave
0417 270 315
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2021, 06:26:39 PM »

I had 2 until a few years ago then I gave one to a mate with a EK . I still have one but don't wish to part with it as it was standard issue with the dickie seat conversion because the passenger would find it nearly impossible to get in or out without it . But if you are serious I know someone who could make one in stainless as the chrome would be original and a little tired . Cheers . Haydn
Wookie 66
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2021, 06:26:58 PM »

Yep thanks Jim
I have boxes of spare parts that I can trade if there’s something any one is looking for  I’m happy to assist
My wagon is just about there so al good
Cheers
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: