FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 04, 2024, 07:42:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: NOS SMITHS MIRROR CLOCK (eBay)  (Read 4381 times)
DJ
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: November 15, 2013, 10:18:07 AM »

Authentic FE/FC or English/Other?
Looks good.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NOS-HOLDEN-SMITHS-MIRROR-CLOCK-FE-FC-FB-EK-SPECIAL-NASCO-MAY-FIT-FX-FJ-EJ-EH-HR-/181260041735?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a33f0be0

Dave
0417 270 315
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 12:03:02 PM »

Close. Also missing the necessary mounting to be able to call it a mirror clock.
This is the real deal!!

Regards
Alex

ridgey_didge
act-club

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 12:31:32 PM »

Alex - can we just unpack your comment "Close". 

The one on ebay has a straight top - the one in your photo has an arched (upwards) top.

The one on ebay has a glow in the dark spot that the hands rotate around - the one in your photo has a gold coloured spot.

Are these observations right in saying the one in your photo is the FE-FC version and the one on ebay is a similar but non-authentic version for FE-FC purposes?

And, as I asked recently, does anyone have the specifications for the mirror mounting?  Alex, can you PM me details of whose clock is in your photo so that I can get measurements made for a mounting?

Cheers
David

DJ
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 01:45:17 PM »

Thanks Alex. I see the subtle differences (spring speed adjustment window & the other things David picked up).
The title description on eBay could just be an honest mistake I guess, but I think I'd rather spend the money on the right one now that I know the difference.

Dave
0417 270 315
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 04:45:01 PM »

The clock in the pic is Tony Galea's. I also had a NOS one in the box with bracket which went into my 3 door van. Clock in the picture is correct, not the clock on ebay. I have a spare clock if anyone is interested in it.

I copied out a plan of the bracket before selling the car but now the drawing has gone missing

Ken
DJ
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 04:52:30 PM »

Ken, certainly interested. Please PM details & cost etc.
Dave.

Dave
0417 270 315
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: