FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:31:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: eh sump and pick up  (Read 6549 times)
bloodnut

Model: FC

Just Purchased Rosie and drove from Syd to Bris

View Profile
« on: November 13, 2013, 02:46:38 PM »

Am near Brissy if any one knows of where I can get my hands on EH sump and pick up. cheers.

Juddy Cool
hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 04:04:34 PM »

If you are staying with the early draglink steering you will probably need the eh sump , but if you can't get one then get a LC LJ torana sump ,these are ideal for rear mounted commodore steering racks . Whatever sump try and get the matching pick-up . Yes the red motor mounts have to be moved on the HR front end to get the engine in . Its a tight fit close to the seam on the fire wall and without the short snouted early water pump the radiator may need to go forward . The transmission choice will dictate the tailshaft length . You may want to call or email me and we can talk about what your ideas are and go from there .You could also have a look at my old fc van with red motor and 5 speed on HR running gear. You can save a lot of heartache and dollars if you have a complete plan before going looking for parts . Haydn
ACE
Guru

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 09:25:28 AM »

P.M Sent Wink
ACE  Cool
bloodnut

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 10:21:52 AM »

yeah thanks hsv, I guess that is what I am trying to do, get an overall look at what I need so when it comes time to do it I am not fiddle fartin around. I have a boiler maker willing to do welding lined up and I think he can help me out with any steel I need. I have a trimatic in it and want to keep that in. I have pulled out the tunnel in preperation and I need to put in new floor pans so I wanted to move the engine back first so I can do floor pans and new tunnel in one go. Thanks again for your reply, I appreciate any info I can get. Judd

Juddy Cool
fb delivery

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 10:39:18 AM »

EH sump and pick up $150
toowoomba
 Rob
hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2013, 11:16:06 AM »

Like I said if you get the right items then there is less work. If money is a concern then try and use what you got . You don't need to move the firewall back to put a red in . Like I said earlier short water pump and cable throttle and if needed a larger radiator moved as far forward as possible .I would suggest LC LJ torana sized core they are shorter . Trimatic is fine the later are stronger and linkage is on the left so selector on the floor [I don't like b&m kits] I prefer linkage usually jap . You can buy tunnels on ebay . I cut mine out of jap rear quarter panels and  shape  between the timbers of my garden furniture . A mate told me he had never seen pin striping on a gearbox tunnel before . Anyway I would like to speak to you about your conversion before you get too far into it and maybe talk to your welder as well as there are  a few money saving tricks I have learned over the past decades. Cheers Haydn

bloodnut

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2013, 09:47:55 AM »

Heya Rob and Haydn,

Yeah I am definitely interested in EH sump, will pm you Rob. I havn't been to Toowoomba yet will probably be a great ride. am looking forward to it.

Haydn, be great to pick your brain and will pm you also about the lc drive shaft or give you a bell seen you left your number. I guess when I move the motor back it will have to be done to marry the drive shaft. I'm starting to get excited instead of apprehensive at the thought of getting this motor where it should be.

Cheers fellas, thanks for the help. Judd.

Juddy Cool
hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2013, 10:46:37 AM »

From memory the EK auto is around 2" shorter than the manual FE-EK and the LC-LJ torana is 1" shorter than the EK auto . I could be wrong ,its been a long time . Haydn
bloodnut

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2013, 03:05:59 PM »

Ok. Got my Sump, thanks Grant and sorry for stuffin you around Rob, I guess I will have to visit Toowoomba a nother time. cheers Folks. Judd Smiley

Juddy Cool
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: