FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:37:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: interior light switch  (Read 6501 times)
hsv-001

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2013, 10:29:20 AM »

As the early holden comercials never had the earth buttons [switches]  on the door jams and I didn't have any to spare I used Datsun handbrake switches . As I have installed plenty of these jap handbrakes in old holdens I had some of the switches left over.

Here are a few other ideas as well. Haydn
hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 10:44:29 AM »

Sorry ,photobucket issue.

The buttons [switches ] are for the handbrake warning light and are a easy fit .
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 05:13:23 AM »

While your on the issue
we were trying to find a solution for nes so he didnt have to run the big commodore rubber boot to each door with all the wiring as the rear doors do not have the clerance in the door jamb so we can accross these

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Painless-Wiring-Jamb-Tac-Wireless-Connectors-60-Amp-Max-4-Wire-Contact-with-/190953438166?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c75b63bd6

I reckon they would be good for electric windows or speaker ect but we need more pins they are rated for 60amps.

fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 07:09:43 AM »

Bluewire Motorsport has a similar setup but they are single items so you can use as many as you need. Ihave them ready for mine when I get to that stage.
Jim

on the seventh day: God Made Holden
FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 07:44:19 AM »

Fc door alignment isnt the best getting the contacts spot on could be intresting. Grin

Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 08:27:48 AM »

Bluewire Motorsport has a similar setup but they are single items so you can use as many as you need. Ihave them ready for mine when I get to that stage.
Jim

Be sure to shop around when buying electric/electronic gear on ebay, prices vary wildly for essentially the same gear.

Wouldn't a ribbon cable be a neater solution for power windows, speakers etc?

Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2013, 08:39:03 AM »

I just use 5 or 7 core trailer wire into doors.

flexible, tightly bound and easy to run.

the datsun handbrake switches are similar to LC-LJ door switches as well.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2013, 09:21:15 AM »

Be sure to shop around when buying electric/electronic gear on ebay, prices vary wildly for essentially the same gear.

Wouldn't a ribbon cable be a neater solution for power windows, speakers etc?
This was my original thought as I have about ten wires and lining up pins may prove difficult.

While your on the issue
we were trying to find a solution for nes so he didnt have to run the big commodore rubber boot to each door with all the wiring as the rear doors do not have the clerance in the door jamb
Ya killin me Pete...

FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2013, 09:23:14 AM »

Im finding you solutions so i dont have to think  Grin

hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2013, 09:51:24 AM »

With Waynes [Old Mt Isa boy] door jams we had this same problem. Wayne sent a video of a guy who cut half his 57 chev away to get wires past his hinge but I was in fear of the door sagging .We decided to go with the rubber stretchy sleeve because we also had electric mirror controls. Still because the front of the door closes so snug against the jam the sleeve was puckering and the only solution was to push the flared grommet inside the door pillar. Not a problem it is only seen when the door is open and the flared grommet slides into place as the door opens . The horrible little Saab I have has the same idea in the door pillar. Worth talking to Wayne. Cheers.
KFH
qld-club

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2013, 10:27:57 AM »

Try RS Components

http://australia.rs-online.com/web/ 

Search for connectors or rectangular connectors.  There is 385 matches.  They have all styles on their site with various number of pins, shapes etc. Make sure they have male and female in the combination you require. They are very good to deal with and anybody can purchase from them.

Keith

I was born with nothing and still have most of it left
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: