FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 20, 2024, 11:02:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Close call  (Read 4781 times)
fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« on: October 17, 2013, 08:54:11 PM »

Bush fires in the Bargo/Yanderra area this afternoon, told pack up and move out mid afternoon. Just been let back home but the fire is still active but not a threat but this may change. Cars are still packed just in case. The fire missed us by around a kilometre or so, no loss of property in our area although some lost in Yanderra. Hope it burns itself out with no further damage.
Jim

on the seventh day: God Made Holden
Old_Mt_Isa_Boy
qld-club

My Ute

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 08:55:28 PM »

We hope so as well Jim. Stay safe mate.

Regards

Wayne b
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 10:00:04 PM »

Hi Jim, glad everything is ok. Bushfires are very unpredictable and scarey things.
Cheers,
Graham
FireKraka

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 10:25:54 PM »

Kim I am glad everything is ok are they saying the fire may have been lit or started naturally glad they cars and family are ok
Regards
Neil H
Wayne
nsw-club
Guru

I Love my FE

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 09:42:57 AM »

Good every thing is going OK for you and the family
Rustysdungers

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 08:09:08 PM »

I was thinking of you today as I no you are very close to the bush I'm a bit protected where I am but still looks bad I've got my cars all ready to move all the best mate
hawk
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2013, 06:51:52 AM »

We were told to evacuate the other day to Picton,took one of the cars as didn't have any drivers for the others.
Jim have you seen how bad it is along the old Hume near the railway?
FC Dave

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2013, 09:38:48 AM »

I drove my truck through there last night, 1 lane blocked for some tidy-up burning. A very close call for some at Yanderra. I see the front page of yesterdays Sydney morning Herald has a shot of a burnt EJ. As long as people are ok at the end of the day.
fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2013, 10:14:51 AM »

Thanks to you all for your thoughts, it was touch and go there for a while but the fireies managed to get a back burn going along the fire trail at the top of the road and avioded any danger to the houses. Material things can be replaced but lucky there has been no loss of life in our area. Went for a drive around the local area yesterday, one guy in Yanderra lost a shed and a few cars, but the house was saved. Watching the helicopters landing and re-feuling at the sports ground and the dedication of the volenteers just re-enforces how luky we all are, their courage under extreem conditions is to be comended,without these people a lot more distruction and loss of life would have been on the cards. My thanks go out to all that have put their lives on hold to help out other people they don't even know.
Jim. ps. th RFS has us still on watch and see with all the back burning, hopefully the worst is behind them.

on the seventh day: God Made Holden
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2013, 08:46:48 PM »

Jim the mate who who has the land up behind your place said fire came up to his boundary the fire brigade was there monitoring the situation glade your all safe ......FC427....

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: