FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:50:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: My Fc wagon  (Read 19148 times)
Skuta

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2013, 08:02:22 AM »

No worries mate. I'll be in touch at some point.
Skuta

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2013, 05:07:24 AM »

Bit of an update,

Ive spent almost every spare moment on the wagon since I got it. I swapped out the 350 holley for a 32/36 weber man was that an ordeal with the kickdown cable for the t700, I made a bellcrank setup that took about 3 full weekends to refine. Snicked the paint back, put all the chrome back on, carpeted and hundreds of other minor little touches.

Last week I got some jellybeans like in the picture below (always wanted a set) they're 13 x 7 but unfortunately you can't have everything, because it's lowered they are just too tight and rubbing on the guards (mainly the rear) so I'm on the hunt for another set with less offset, maybe 13 x 5.5 or 6.

If anybody has anything available in the se queensland region, please shoot me a pm. I'll post in the wanted section too.

Skuta

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2013, 11:41:28 AM »

Now with dragway indys.

Kind of ruins the style that fatboy was going with, which I really loved but I like shiny things too, and just a decade or more too modern, still looks pretty good and they clear the guards perfectly. Did I mention I like shiny things

For reference for future people with the same problems.

I have a HR front end and diff (I think it's a hr diff anyway) and my FC is lowered

I searched high and low for wheels with clearance, the jelly beans I had were 105mm from the bolt up face to the outside lip of the rim.

I found a guy with a few sets of mags he took off his torana, the measurement from the bolt up face to the lip of the rim is 80-85mm

my jellys were 7" with 185 tyres (195 is the recomended minimum) and they were scraping the front and rear guard lip on the outside.

The dragways  are also 7" but with 225's they dont scrape (they actually only miss the rear guard lip by about 1-2mm) and they clear the top balljoint by about 5mm phew!!

This guy still has a nice set of 6 spoke jelly beans with the same offset if anyone wants them $400 with tyres

FATBOY
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2013, 01:42:38 PM »

looks great with the new wheels and chrome strips all back on

regards fatboy

fatboy
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

Model: FC

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2013, 09:21:15 AM »

Looks cool with indys  Cool Cool Cool

Cheers,

Josh
Skuta

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2013, 05:31:11 PM »

Thanks fellas I was a bit worried they wouldn't suit it but they have in my opinion too.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: