FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 16, 2024, 06:21:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Fe/FC parcel shelf  (Read 12849 times)
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2003, 04:06:33 AM »

Hi Ed.
Yes, great place to see on a bike. My parents live on the Forestiers Penninsula on the way to Port Arthur. There are always stacks of bikes heading down that way. Carving up those twisty, sweeping bends. It is a bit like that add for the new Camry. Hunting for the twisty road.
Let me know when you come down. Use my parents as home base.
Rob J

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
normd

6 in a row , the way to "GO"

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2003, 02:24:24 PM »

Hey Guy's
      You wanna toughen up , here in Young NSW we've had frosts nearly every night for about 3 weeks (0 to -3) cars were frosted over at 9pm the other night and last week we had a warm night (5deg) and it went up to 7deg during the day  Shocked  Roll Eyes
   The Mrs bought another car 4 weeks ago , heater works in this one , had no heaters in cars for last 6 years  :-/ :-/ :-/

Norm d  Grin
« Last Edit: August 07, 2003, 02:28:10 PM by normd » Logged

I Love My "FC" 192 . Old but still a "Rev Head"

R.I.P. Norm - A Great Mate to Everyone on the Forum.
craiga
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2003, 08:10:46 PM »

Hi Norm,

Always good to see you here. Hope your health is still on the improve.

I'm not sure this example demonstrates "toughness" though.

There's a fine line between "Tough" and just plain silly!!!!!!!

Cheers,

Craig.
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2003, 06:59:56 AM »

Hi All
Just to put my 2c in, I have lived in most of these places you have quoted temps from and some. Tasmania I am yet to experience but will be there on the 23 Aug 03.

Now we have not heard anything from our Vic members. Ask some one from East Gippsland about cold. I lived in Sale for many years now that is one confusing place you can have all 4 seasons in just one day down there.

Now for Canberra its the wind chill factor that gets you there.

Richmond is much the same as Canberra.

Ipswich lived hear for 2.5 years got down to -7 winter last year so far this year -3. and it can take till lunch to warm up.

So as you can see ppl up here in what these queenslanders call gods country are full of cr@p. It does get bloody cold up.

I want both a heater and an aircon.

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2003, 08:36:00 AM »

True.
My Sister lives in Cairns. Magic she reckons. Beautiful. Lovely weather all the time. 30 degrees everyday. Problem is, you jump in the water for a swim, you either die from a Crocadile attack in the rivers, or get killed by a jelly fish in the sea:o  Shocked
She has been flooded out twice in the "Green Season" & nearly blown away with the cyclones they get.
Now I do like QLD, but when they mouth off about how great it is up there, they ALWAYS seem to forget the bad stuff. Just like my sister!! Roll Eyes
Then there is my Brother in-law. Dickhead!! Mate, Sydney is so much better than Hobart. Hobart is a cold shithole he reckons. Sydney is where it is at. Then I find out exactly where he lives in "Sydney". A place called Kariong. one & a half hours north of Sydney on a clear run. 3 hours when it is peak hour. That is like me saying I live in Launceston. At least Launceston is only 2 hours away!! Also, Kariong has been colder all last week than it was here. Go figure!!!
Lets face it, we are all different & all like different things. Imagine if we all lived in the same place. Boring, Huh??
Rob J

HARKO
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2003, 08:56:26 AM »

I lived in Cairns for 4 years and hey I wouldnt put crap on it whatsoever, The weather is sweet as ,The night life is brilliant, The girls are into keeping fit and a catagory 3 cyclone has less blow in it than a good southerly here in Wollongong.
I surf too and didnt mind exchanging it for the lifestyle that would be hard to equal anywhere in Australia. Smiley
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2003, 10:00:10 AM »

Hi Harko.
Not putting crap on Cairns, just stating a fact. She lives there & has for 8 years. All those things are true. No crap, just fact. Like I said, I like Cairns & QLD, but we all have to be honest.
Rob J

FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2003, 10:14:43 AM »

I am with Rob on this one Harko.
But I will say NSW is the best state closely followed by SA ( I have to say that the is a crow eater). There is only one thing wrong with QLD. There are to many Queenslanders here and there NRL team is crap.

Go the mighty BLUE's Cool

Effie C

Model: other Holden

Still Lost & Confused

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2003, 10:19:26 AM »

Geez and all Slim asked for was a parcel shelf and we end up giving him the nation's weather Roll Eyes
John M

LIVE LIFE ONE DAY AT A TIME,FOR TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME!

Photo Site:http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v161/EffieC/
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2003, 10:30:37 AM »

Hi Jim.

When you come down to TAS, I will show you around. I am sure you will love it. I may even show you a couple of the old car stashes that are about. Bring one of those angry dogs that you train & we can set that onto the old bloke that tries to shoot you when you sneak into his car graveyard. It should buy us a bit of time to have a peak!!

John M.
Good point, mate. But don't we all talk about the weather?? Human nature I suppose. I will find a parcel shelf for Slim to thank him for letting us use his post as a weather discussion.

Rob J

FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2003, 10:46:17 AM »

Hi Rob

I am stay in Hobart at the Regent Apartments, Sandy Bay. We arrive on Sunday 17th and depart on Saturday 23 Aug 03. I will have my mobile with me so give me a call.

Slim
Thanks for starting the string it has been a source of a little humor with a little bit of parcel shelf info thrown in.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: