FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:17:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone know this 58 Special from Albury NSW  (Read 18771 times)
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2013, 07:49:38 PM »

Just look at the light switch in the door jam. Round or oval 3 hole

Round push-in light-switches confirm it's a '59, but they were introduced very late - September or thereabouts. Having the diamond shaped ones is by no means confirmation it's definitely a '58.

The most accurate guide that no-one seems to have mentioned thus far is the chassis number - assuming the subframe hasn't been replaced. If it starts with an 8, it's May-November '58. If it starts with FC, it's December 58 onwards. Obviously if it starts with a 6 or 7, it's not original. Otherwise, someone like Ken can usually assert with reasonable confidence if the chassis number looks like it belongs with the body plate ID number.

Why did they change the chassis numbering scheme at that point, I hear you ask? Well, someone mentioned the phrase "She's a Beauty" earlier. There's a clue...

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
59Special

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2013, 08:51:16 PM »

Thanks Guys, once i get my garage up and get stuck in i will start a new thread, been busy collecting bits and pieces together for both of the builds, just had this arrive today  Grin

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/370715943116?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Cheers, Jack

1955 Holden FJ Ute
1959 Holden FC Special Sedan
1966 Holden HR Premier Sedan 350 Chev
2006 Nissan Elgrand Rider Autech
fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2013, 09:08:36 PM »

Another thing that can identify the late 59 is the embossed pattern in the seats, if they are original. My car also has the windows with the dot over the ninth letter but not the embossed seats, so this would make it an early 59 alas it has an fb engine fitted by the previous owner and no chassis number so it is hard to narrow it down.
Jim

on the seventh day: God Made Holden
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2013, 07:25:53 AM »

Of course, if you have an FC Special Sedan, the chrome dividers between the exterior paint colours are a good guide to when the vehicle was manufactured.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: