FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 28, 2024, 09:18:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: modification  (Read 3254 times)
fc179

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: May 31, 2013, 01:07:24 PM »
+1

help gear box is not leagel 5speed live in adelaide have to go regency park need some advice who can get her past got some rust to fix as well ute looks to good to sit at all the time thank you fc179
NES304
Guru

Model: FC

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 10:00:46 PM »
+1

I can't understand that without punctuation.

fink

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 05:06:45 PM »

Join the FE/FC club in SA,these guys will lead you in the right direction,the alternative is to talk to a engineer ,certified by your RoadTransportAuthority,ok.
Gaz! Grin
fe350chev
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 06:48:00 PM »
+1

"help gear box is not leagel 5speed live in adelaide have to go regency park need some advice who can get her past got some rust to fix as well ute looks to good to sit at all the time thank you fc179"

Interpretation: (I know fluent Adelaide as I grew up there).

Help me please!!!  Shocked

My 5 speed gearbox is not original, therefore does not comply with the current SA regulatrions.  Tongue

I need to get the car passed through regency park vehicle inspection with a minimum of fuss and expense. Do you know who I should consult to give advice as to the standard I require for the minor rust areas, as well as other requirements relating to the gearbox. Does anyone know whether a gearbox requires an engineers certificate or do I just need to get a mechanic to write some sort of roadworthy certificate?

It would be a shame to have the ute sitting around the yard because it is in too good 'er' condition, not be used on the road.

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 07:01:03 PM »

FC 179, I did not think it would have been a problem to just have a different gearbox fitted as long as the steering, suspension and engine is standard or, if the gearbox installation standards of workmanship were deemed to be poor when it was inspected or defected.

Has the car been defected?
Did you just buy the car and you are now wanting to register it?
Do you have a roadworthy list from the vehicle inspector already and are having trouble interpreting what they require?

I would suggest if it is the first two, you should just get a permit if it is roadworthy to drive or hire a car trailer and book it into the roadworthy inspection team, who will do an inspection and give you a list of things to alter/change for your vehicle to be able to comply with their protocols.

Alternatively (which is what i would recommend to anybody in SA) you could email vehicle standards officers on:

DTEI.VehicleStandards@sa.gov.au

outlining your vehicles modifications and then they will send you a form which you fill out, detailing your mods and they send you an email back, letting you know what is required for the inspection  Smiley Wink

http://www.sa.gov.au/subject/Transport,+travel+and+motoring/Motoring/Vehicles+and+registration/Vehicle+inspections/Roadworthy+inspections

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2013, 08:58:23 PM »

fc179, we need more info, if they are knocking you back on the gearbox then they are having you on!
Don't be scared of Regency and ask the questions about what you can and can't have.
Most Holden 6/Gearbox combos are legal without further mods, 186 and up need disc front-ends.
I have NEVER heard of anyone being knocked back on a gearbox before, give me a call if you like but the guys at Regency should be giving you the answers, at the end of the day they are the ones inspecting it.
You shouldn't need to go to an engineer if it is a simple Red 6 engine/gearbox swap.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: