FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 01, 2024, 11:38:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Vintage 1959 Holden FC Special Wagon for Sale - Brisbane  (Read 12370 times)
danidanger

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: March 08, 2013, 05:09:24 PM »

Hello

I have listed my FC Holden Special Wagon for sale.  I'm in Brisbane.  I have listed him on Gumtree.  Here's the link:

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/annerley/cars-vans-utes/for-sale-vintage-fc-holden-special-wagon-1959-/1015562472#

My contact details are in the Gumtree ad.  I'm in Annerley, Brisbane.

Cheers

DD
danidanger

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 08:31:01 PM »

Any fellas who are interested in buying who want to check it out this weekend?
zl296

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 09:10:31 PM »

nice station sedan....

Cool

die young and leave a good looking corpse...
danidanger

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 10:29:15 AM »

Gday

Just listed on Just Cars:

http://www.justauto.com.au/justcars/buy_and_sell/for_sale/JCW3291587?parent_page=%2Fjustcars%2F&search_type_make=HOLDEN&search_type_model=HOLDEN_SPECIAL&search_details_earliest_year=1959&search_details_latest_year=&search_details_lowest_price=&search_details_highest_price=&keywords=Keywords&search_category=&search_location_state=&item_position=0

I gotta say, I'm a bit sick of the text messages with "email me" at a gmail account then emails saying they will deposit money into a paypal account.  Must be the latest scam & the english in the emails is terrible.

Let me know if you are interested.
Professor Grey

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 12:40:57 PM »

I gotta say, I'm a bit sick of the text messages with "email me" at a gmail account then emails saying they will deposit money into a paypal account.  Must be the latest scam & the english in the emails is terrible.

I've advertised a few cars over the past couple of years and had the same experience.
They won't ring you, and more often than not they ask questions that are already answered in the ad.
Being a suspicious old git, I wouldn't answer them, but did a bit of digging.

They will "pay" you for the car, and add in a bit extra as this is for shipping or fees for the pickup agent or something like that.
They then tell you to pay the extra amount they paid you to someone else, usually via Western Union (funny how that gets mentioned, but they want you to use paypal first) which is unrecoverable basically.
Then the original payment they made to you via paypal gets rejected and then you're out the money you've just paid to some con artist via WU.
They don't want the car, just cash.

Hope this helps someone.

You don't get this old by accident.
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 10:35:51 PM »

This exact scam happened to me on my first Gumtree ad last year.Scammers said they would pay $800 shipping cost but I had to pay $400 to western union first.Went to cop station to ask them as I'd never heard of this before and they said the scammers use Western Union as there is no paper trail.Lesson learned.Jamie.

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
fink

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 04:23:19 AM »

Never ever sell a car until a handshake deal and money exchanges hands,if it's a deposit you must state that he has[lets say 7days]to pick the car up or it goes up for sale again an he loozes his deposit,write all this down on the receipt and both sign it.Now if your selling without a RWC and he want's to keep the plates and reg,you must make him transfer the car into his name BEFORE he takes it,i'm in Vic so other states,i'm not sure if you need a RWC to do a transfer.Good luck,nice wagon .
FC Dave

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 09:40:24 PM »

On the "Carsales" network, for a fee, you can put a different phone number that screens the calls & scammers. One clown wanted to buy a $150000.00 spreader truck off me as a present for his father who had retired & bought a small farm. He was at sea with only internet & no phone blah blah blah.
The txt I sent back got no reply. I hope he didn't offend easily.
danidanger

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2013, 07:51:04 PM »

GDAY.  The FC is still for sale.  Price is now $6 000 ono.  Let me know if you are interested.
danidanger

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2013, 07:52:53 PM »

Sorry, here's the link to the car on Just Cars:

https://www.justauto.com.au/justcars/buy_and_sell/for_sale/f47bdb63-8a9c-4fcc-b81d-89f3421a098e
danidanger

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2013, 08:29:11 PM »

Hello.  The FC was sold today.  He is going to a FC home & will be a wedding car so keep an eye out for him on the northside.  I am selling my FC personalised plates.  See the separate topic if you are interested.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: