FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 30, 2024, 02:54:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: EK wiper motor problem?  (Read 20566 times)
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2013, 10:56:10 AM »

Leon i have a full set up out of a land rover here as well if you want to do away with all arms and crap its a cable drive one little bit of modifying but your welcome to it.

NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2013, 11:00:27 AM »

where does it need modifying?
 i just dent a message to the seller that had the $5 ford 2 speed presslite and they gave it to someone yesterday, bugger!

NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2013, 11:38:53 AM »

Leon i have a full set up out of a land rover here as well if you want to do away with all arms and crap its a cable drive one little bit of modifying but your welcome to it.
what are you doing next weekend pete?

FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2013, 12:34:27 PM »

Saturday morn
Swap meet at cessnock the little one
After that chopping a tree up down the farm home about 2

Rick 123

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2013, 08:36:35 AM »

Leon, When u get a chance read my last  message
fink

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2013, 07:14:59 PM »

Hey Rick,hope it works out,it aint Cool,i copped it up the arse at the nats,flew from Melb to Perth with 2 mates and got treated like crap,and if you don't like it Surferboy,you can get stuffed!bring it on!
Gaz !
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2013, 07:35:26 PM »
+1

Honestly Gary, you are pretty rude here.
Nationals are a very big job to organise and they are run by car clubs for car club members. Budgets are tight and pre entry is a must so that catering can be properly organised. It would be impossible to organise if everyone just "rocked up when & if they felt like it"
It's very easy to sit back not being a member of a car club and criticise everything and everyone just because you were not admitted to a function.

Let me tell you that I also flew to Perth with my wife as a non-entrant and I did not attend the function you tried to attend because I felt it would be unfair to do so.
I attended the show only as a member of the general public.

I think you owe Surferboy an apology

Ken
fink

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2013, 12:15:27 AM »

Your entitled to your opinion Ken!I don't call,arranging airline tickets,accomadation,and a hire car,rocking up when you feel like it.The forum is a great place to interact with other members whether there club members or not.What i'm saying is,everyone is welcome here,no discrimination.I've met some great guys on and off here,buying and selling parts,having a drink,etc,I''ll give you the shirt off my back my last dollar and put a roof over your head if needed,and if you know me!you know that,i just can't understand how we can all be so nice on here ,but in real-life[face to face]so politically correct,oh no!he's not a member,he can't come to our barbie,that's pretty 'lame' in my book,i thought at some stage i was probably expecting to much that's why i've taken this long have my say,but i came to realise that we don't all think the same,not like me anyway .
Gaz!
Rick 123

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2013, 03:50:14 PM »

Fink
I've been waiting 8 or 9 yrs for this money, I gave him the wiper motor ,he said i'll pay you next week.
I never seen him again
NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2013, 07:27:00 PM »

Leon, When u get a chance read my last message
yeah mate, read your message, from what i remember we were talkin about wipers and i said i was running a sigma motor but it quit workin and you said you had a  EK motor, the next week i came in and you had it there and you were saying you think the problem you had with your wipers was the arms, I said i wasn't sure what the combo was used with electric wiper but i had arms at home that came off FC's with electric wipers and you said ok, ill swap you the arms for the motor.
 when i got home i couldn't find the arms so i dropped the arms out of my other FC wagon and put them in the truck, the next week i came around and your roller door was shut, you weren't there, after that i wasn't workin for omikron anymore, i went out that way in the FC the week after looking for work and you must have been out again.
  i figured we both had FC's and would run into each other again and took the arms out of the car and sat them back on the front floor of the other FC were i just noticed they are still sitting.
Since there wasn't a price mentioned i will see if i can piece together a wiper motor with the EK presslites i have around here and send it down, if i cant get one working i will let you know and we can sort out a alternative, i started this thread to see if anyone knew why this wiper motor was continuing to operate when switched off continuously beyond self park and think it would have been better to pm me, in future i don't use this forum very often so email me at fccool59@hotmail.com

NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2013, 07:52:59 PM »

The Xp motor is good, works with an EK - EH switch and bolts straight up to the base plate. It has a tiny little key on the drive spline which should be filed off so the EK arm will go on.
Use some EK bushes in the FC arms - they are nylon whereas the FC ones are soft rubber.

Ken
scored one at morriset swap on sunday, $5 had pull it apart and clean it out before it would go but apart from the 2 speed i guess these are the same motor as the EK presslite. im guessing i just let the motor park with the arms at the point were they are about to change direction and put the short arm on the spline and do the nut up?

Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2013, 08:10:39 PM »

Everyone, let's all just back off a couple of notches thanks!

oh no!he's not a member,he can't come to our barbie,that's pretty 'lame' in my book

Fink, valid thoughts and I share them in some ways, but in reality any big event is a risk to the host club and budgets are run tight to keep entry costs down and entry numbers up. People are not refused in spite.
If an event goes bad due to mis-management and a club disappears, then do it often enough, no clubs, no forum, nothing....

NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2013, 08:37:56 PM »

scored one at morriset swap on sunday, $5 had pull it apart and clean it out before it would go but apart from the 2 speed i guess these are the same motor as the EK presslite. im guessing i just let the motor park with the arms at the point were they are about to change direction and put the short arm on the spline and do the nut up?
Ken the EK motor is working again, i think i have that circuit on a thermal circuit breaker but it still has the problem with self park not stopping however it eventually does stop and the key slot also stops in the same position as with the ford motor, does this sound rite if so es there a reason for filing of the key or does it sound like the motor has some ek parts in it, the seller said it came of a holden but it has the blue body with no grooves and the white plastic terminal box with three terminals and presslite written on it, apart from that it is identical to EK.

NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2013, 10:08:08 PM »

it still has the problem with self park not stopping however it eventually does stop
ok maybe it has a braking circuit to short the armature before the contacts meet the contact on the large gear again, i'll pull it apart again and see what wires run where, if thats the case it might just be a dirty contact cuasing it to run on

Rick 123

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2013, 06:28:48 AM »

yeah mate, read your message, from what i remember we were talkin about wipers and i said i was running a sigma motor but it quit workin and you said you had a  EK motor, the next week i came in and you had it there and you were saying you think the problem you had with your wipers was the arms, I said i wasn't sure what the combo was used with electric wiper but i had arms at home that came off FC's with electric wipers and you said ok, ill swap you the arms for the motor.
 when i got home i couldn't find the arms so i dropped the arms out of my other FC wagon and put them in the truck, the next week i came around and your roller door was shut, you weren't there, after that i wasn't workin for omikron anymore, i went out that way in the FC the week after looking for work and you must have been out again.
  i figured we both had FC's and would run into each other again and took the arms out of the car and sat them back on the front floor of the other FC were i just noticed they are still sitting.
Since there wasn't a price mentioned i will see if i can piece together a wiper motor with the EK presslites i have around here and send it down, if i cant get one working i will let you know and we can sort out a alternative, i started this thread to see if anyone knew why this wiper motor was continuing to operate when switched off continuously beyond self park and think it would have been better to pm me, in future i don't use this forum very often so email me at fccool59@hotmail.com
NOT TRUE, I REMEMBER A PRICE THAT WAS MEANT TO BE,  BUT DONT WORRY I DONT WANT YOUR OLD UNSURE WIPER MOTOR, WHEN YOU GOT A PERFECT WORKING ONE FROM ME, I JUST KNOW NOW AND LEARN FROM MY EXPERIENCES IN LIFE
Rick 123

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2013, 06:33:38 AM »

My wipers were fine in my FC i had a commodore one fitted to mine,Without a problem, It was also engineered and regoed with it.So there was not a problem with my wiper arms at all, And to my knowledge they are still fitted to it.
FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2013, 07:15:49 AM »

The only difference is the spline size you need to drill out your wiper bracket using a countersink bit so it grabs on the spline when you do it up.

Pete

Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2013, 08:14:16 AM »

I remember the commodore wiper motor required momentary power to the park circuit in order to make it park.

I spent hours working all this wiring out but sadly I lost the wiring diagram.

not much help, but is there a momentary power required to park the motor in this case?

I would just go and grab a VN wiper motor.

in the shed
Rick 123

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2013, 11:44:19 AM »

I remember the commodore wiper motor required momentary power to the park circuit in order to make it park.

I spent hours working all this wiring out but sadly I lost the wiring diagram.

not much help, but is there a momentary power required to park the motor in this case?

I would just go and grab a VN wiper motor.
My FC was wired up with LH Torana complete harness, Including the wiper stalk on column, So it was all easy
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: