FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:56:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 14 inch wheels for FE  (Read 6050 times)
moetstockie

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: December 23, 2012, 04:44:55 PM »

Can anyone tell me if there are 14 inch rims/wheels that bolt straight onto my FE standard steering gear. Drum brakes are standard also. Cheers Moe`t 
fink fc

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 05:29:37 PM »

Holden,HK,HT,HG.
jack_fc

Model: FC

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 06:29:10 PM »

HK has different offset to HT/G, and make sure you use the correct nuts...

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
moetstockie

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 06:28:29 PM »

Can you tell me how to identify these. Do they have stamps on the rim etc.   Also what's the best size tyre to use on these. I'm using 175/80/13" and trying to improve highway revs and fuel economy.... any comments or ideas appreciated. She revs a little hard at 100k and i do a bit of highway driving. Again standard steering gear and std drum brakes.   Cheers Moe`t
newman

The older I get, the faster I was !!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 08:23:23 PM »

Can you tell me how to identify these. Do they have stamps on the rim etc.   Also what's the best size tyre to use on these. I'm using 175/80/13" and trying to improve highway revs and fuel economy.... any comments or ideas appreciated. She revs a little hard at 100k and i do a bit of highway driving. Again standard steering gear and std drum brakes.   Cheers Moe`t

Later diff centre helps 3.55 or 3.36, as long as they are coarse spline diff centres its a straight change over, I run a 3.36 in mine but my grey isn't stock Wink

This link will help you work out which tyre on 14" rims might be the best for you http://www.kabamus.com/garage/gears.html Just put in your details and experiment with tyre sizes.

HT / HG rims are just plain steel 14" rims, the HK series have eight distinct slots in them.

Moe use the gear speed link and I'm sure you'll bring those revs down at highway speed, don't know where you are but I have a spare 3.55 centre if you end up wishing to change your diff centre Smiley

Mick Cool
jack_fc

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2012, 08:59:35 PM »

HT / HG rims are just plain steel 14" rims, the HK series have eight distinct slots in them.

the slots are in 4 pairs; you can't miss them, and HT/G rims 'stick out' about 1/4" more than HK, but they're all the same size 14 x 5" and same PCD as FE/FC.

I'd go the HT/G rims... (with whitewalls and baby moon hubcaps  Wink Cool Cool)

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
newman

The older I get, the faster I was !!!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2012, 10:18:28 PM »

the slots are in 4 pairs; you can't miss them, and HT/G rims 'stick out' about 1/4" more than HK, but they're all the same size 14 x 5" and same PCD as FE/FC.

I'd go the HT/G rims... (with whitewalls and baby moon hubcaps  Wink Cool Cool)

Thats a better way of describing them Wink and good to hear from another fan of steelies,moons and whitewalls Grin Grin

Mick Cool
waynos

patience grasshopper

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2012, 09:15:56 PM »

would just like to add that those moons look great on the back widened to 7 inch with 4 and 3/4 backspace with 235/70s Cool

The grinder is mightier than the sword.
jack_fc

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2012, 09:10:14 AM »

good to hear from another fan of steelies,moons and whitewalls Grin Grin

Mick Cool

Only way to go, Mick...  Smiley

Moet, if you go HT/G rims, be sure to get wheel nuts to suit. While they are the same size/thread as FE nuts, the chamfer on the bottom IS different.
Using FE wheel nuts on HT/G wheels can easily lead to wheels disappearing into the scenery; this can be a little disconcerting at highway speeds...

cheers

jack

Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2012, 10:06:49 AM »

Can anyone tell me if there are 14 inch rims/wheels that bolt straight onto my FE standard steering gear. Drum brakes are standard also. Cheers Moe`t 

More options here - http://fefcholden.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,17575.0.html

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: