FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 03, 2024, 12:27:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Flynns Wrecking yard COOMA  (Read 12537 times)
HARKO
« on: May 14, 2003, 09:12:16 AM »

Heres some photos from flynns at Cooma near the Snowy mountains of NSW.
Im reluctantly sharing  for all to enjoy and to get this place on air. I cant have em all
Cooma's climate seems to preserve cars very very well so if you see something you like do yourselves a favour - "Go and get it" because the older gentlemen who kicked the whole shebang off 60 odd years ago is now crushing cars as we speak  Huh Huh
The later model and unpopular vehicles I would suspect will be first to go but they are all on the list and eventually will be crushed.
Cooma is aproximately 3 1/2 hours South of Sydney
HARKO
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2003, 09:17:07 AM »

Wheres the Holdens
HARKO
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2003, 09:18:22 AM »

HARKO
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2003, 09:19:58 AM »

HARKO
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2003, 09:21:21 AM »

HARKO
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2003, 09:28:11 AM »

HARKO
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2003, 09:29:15 AM »

HARKO
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2003, 09:47:46 AM »

RET can you help me out please, I would like to put more pics in but if I do it reads "attachment deleted" Any ideas ?
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2003, 10:39:44 AM »

Harko
If it makes you feel better I get the same with some photo's. I try a different photo and it works WTF I say. I have not had any probs since using save for web.

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2003, 03:30:34 AM »

I could allow more space for the attachments area (again), but I'm not going to.

One word for both of you (and everyone else with lots of pictures or artwork to publish):  StarPhoto.

The attachments directory is now consuming more than 25% of all the space on our server.  I'm strongly inclined to turn the attachments feature off again, as all that stuff is just filling up our space, and also putting a huge overhead on our bandwidth, which means it can cost us money.

Please consider setting up one or more star-photo accounts for your pictures.  You can link to the images directly so your posts look the same, and also you aren't limited to one picture per post.  Use the search facility for "starphoto" and you'll find all the instructions somewhere.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
customFC
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2003, 12:15:06 PM »

Good advice RET.
I will make it easy for everyone......go here:

http://starphoto.starblvd.net/

All you need to open an account is a valid email addy.
You can also use your pics in IM's, emails and on other boards.
Regards
Alex

FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2003, 01:52:23 AM »

Thanks for the advice, I have opened an album and have started to fill it already. All I need to do is link it in when its ready.

Ret you can delete/remove my nationals pics/strings and I will start them up when I have finished the albums.

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2003, 01:31:07 AM »

If you have the patience, you can edit the threads yourself and replace the attachments with the links to the starphoto images.  But otherwise I'll leave the stuff there until you have a replacement ready.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
HARKO
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2004, 12:59:00 PM »

Thought this may be worth rehashing to find out if all the FCs have been crushed yet
Has anyone been there since May last year ?
Would love to know how far he has moved back up the aisles crushing, FCs were nearing the back so there wouldnt be much hope i suppose
Longhurst

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2004, 02:43:02 AM »

Cooma's climate not only preserves cars but also old FC drivers as well. The old bloke you mention is Jim Flynn himself a noted rally, stock car and fast boat driver. His last rally was the 1970 Captain Cook around Australia.
If you cannot get a part for any make and model vehicle from this yard it is not available.
Peter
« Last Edit: February 14, 2004, 02:45:10 AM by Longhurst » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: